Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Generation V

Generation V by M.L. Brennan

bookshelves: vampire, urban-fantasy

I'd heard really good things about this book, and they were all true!

Fortitude Scott's life is pretty shitty. He's got a degree that qualifies him for nothing. His job is crap. His roommate refuses to pay rent. His girlfriend is a cheating bitch. And his family are all vampires. Well, he's kinda a vampire too. Although, not really.

When a foreign vampire visit their territory, Fort gets involved in a personal crusade to save innocent little girls from the vampiric predator. With the help of his bodyguard, Suzume--who happens to be a very tricky shape-shifter--he's willing to put himself on the line to make things right.

This is an amazing book. Not only a unique UF, but also a very different take on vampire mythology. The worldbuilding is solid, the story intriguing, and the characters are all very interesting. I also loved Fort's voice, and his interaction with Suzume. They make a great team. But what I liked even more was Fort's character growth. Excellent!

I absolutely loved everything about this book, and plan to order the second one ASAP.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Generation V.

July 9, 2013 – Shelved
July 9, 2013 – Shelved as: current-tbr-pile
July 9, 2013 – Shelved as: vampire
July 9, 2013 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
January 4, 2014 – Started Reading
January 4, 2014 –
page 161
51.6% "I'm really enjoying this!"
January 5, 2014 –
page 311
99.68% "I loved this book! Fort & Suzume are awesome together. I'll be ordering the second book tomorrow. I can't wait to see what happens next..."
January 5, 2014 – Finished Reading