Ruth B's Reviews > Embracing Death

Embracing Death by D.T. Dyllin

bookshelves: dt-dyllin, adult-erotic-romance, romance, paranormal, 2013

Sam and Austin are back together but things are far from easy. Death still hunts them, secrets keep coming to light and we discovered that their lives have been manipulated for a long time. Embracing Death is the second book in The Death Trilogy and as its predecessor is fast, sexy and enjoyable.

The exciting, never-ending and turbulent trio of Sam, Austin and Nixon continues. Both men love her and would do anything to make her happy but she has other plans.

Sam is our stubborn leading lady, with a chaotic mind, strong feelings and a personality that keeps surprising me. Austin is now in a vulnerable place and Nixon reveals sides of him that I didn’t like.

The characters keep evolving and this time we have the chance to see a glimpse of Nixon’s point of view. The writer does a great job developing them and I can’t wait to read how their stories end.

This book is focused in emotions which for me is amazing. Dara makes an incredible work creating a believable, solid and powerful world. It is dark, wild, and dangerous but somehow it makes you want more. I never thought that reading about how death feels could be so entertaining.

Embracing Death has less sex scenes than the first book but I think the temperature this book has is appropriate for the story because we are dealing with darker subjects. Don’t get me wrong, there is sex and when it appears is intense, well written and entertaining.

Overall, Embracing Death is the perfect sequel because it is full of surprises. Every page brings new information and you never know where the story is going.

Fast, engaging, well written and sexy this book is everything I expected it to be.

*** I received an ARC from the author in exchange of an honest review. ***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embracing Death.

July 7, 2013 – Shelved