T.M. Smith's Reviews > Fall For Me

Fall For Me by Ann Lister

Ryan Pierce is a journalist for a popular music magazine in LA. He’s interviewed more rock stars than he can remember. Unbeknownst to him, his next interview is going to turn his world upside down and make him question who he is. Dagger Drummond is rock star gold. Everything about him oozes sex appeal, from his striking good looks to his air of confidence. The fact that he truly is a talented singer/songwriter is just a plus. Ryan gets a great interview from the meeting, but when he returns for something he left behind he learns a secret Dagger will do anything to keep that way.

Dagger has kept the truth about his sexuality a secret for fear it would ruin his career. Ryan has lived his life as a straight man, never even considering he might be gay, until he meets Dagger. The attraction is evident from the start, but Ryan denies it to Dagger and even to himself for the longest time. The two form a unique bond of friendship based on late night phone calls, random texts, trust and mutual attraction. Dagger is a good boy though, and keeps his hands to himself until he’s sure Ryan is ready to reciprocate. A snake in the grass, a jackass that is jealous not only of their relationship, but of Ryan’s success as well threatens to tear this couple apart before they can even commit to each other.

What a fantastic love story between the two most unlikely victims. Dagger has to work for Ryan’s affections and trust me they are well earned. This is not an add water equals love story, no, this was a slow ride to make it to the finish line. I’m not usually a fan of angst, but Lister made that aspect of the story work in her favor by turning it into an internal debate Ryan had with himself about who he was. And more importantly who he wanted to be. There was a role reversal along the way that threw me at first, as Ryan become the strength where as it was usually Dagger. But it played out beautifully.

I enjoyed a fellow bloggers review of this book where she stated she is not usually a fan of M/M books, and even though she skipped the sex scenes in this book, she LOVED the love story. I think that’s the best description for this book. I don’t recommend skipping the sex scenes though, I read those twice actually. These two are just plain sexy as hell once they get going, and they don’t know when to stop. They love to kiss and oh my god Lister knows how to write those kisses, I was fanning myself before they ever even made it past that first kiss!

I will recommend a tall glass of water, a fan and some Kleenex before you begin. Fans of sexy, passionate alpha male loves stories with a good dose of angst and some emotionally charged chapters will love this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall For Me.

July 7, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read