Amir at NotSoLiterary's Reviews > Legal Heat

Legal Heat by Sarah Castille

bookshelves: reviewed

I've never been to Vancouver but my friends who live there always rave about how nice and chill their city is. Picturesque. After reading this book, I think I need to go and visit. Just to check for hot lawyers. And hot cops. And hot reporters. Seriously.

I enjoyed the romance between Mark and Katy. Although there was instant attraction, it wasn't insta-love. I tend to get annoyed and disappointed with insta-love almost to the point of abandoning a book. They got to know each other first, as adversaries even, to actually admit to themselves that what they feel is deeper than physical attraction.

The characters were smart and likable and I enjoyed reading both their POVs. I think the fact that the author's a lawyer also made the whole courtroom scenes legitimate and the characters' profession believable. The suspense was mild and there were a few mysteries to discover, but I'm happy to say that there is no damn cliffhanger.

Also, I love the fact that the book did not end like a fairytale with everything in a tidy little bow. Their individual issues did not fix itself just because they love each other.

I really enjoyed this book from debut author Sarah Castille and I think this is a great start of a series. Maybe next time we get hot reporter's story next? ;)

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legal Heat.

July 5, 2013 – Shelved