Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > White Trash Zombie Apocalypse

White Trash Zombie Apocalypse by Diana Rowland

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, zombies

Man, I really like the covers for this very clever series. Also, now that I've found my way back to this series (after losing track of what was on my bookshelves) I'm excited about catching up. And this installment didn't disappoint.

Angel the zombie is back. She's busy collecting dead bodies for the Coroner's Office, trying to keep a relatively good relationship with her dad, and has decided that even though she's no longer on parole, she's still going to get her GED. After all, with the way her body heals it's become obvious that zombies are capable of living long lives. So she doesn't want to be uneducated for decades.

Only problem is that her life isn't easy. There seem to be shadowy people tailing her, things aren't going great with her non-boyfriend, some creepy things are happening on the set of a zombie movie, and there's the real threat of a flood pending. That's too much for one person to handle, but Angel isn't like other people...

OMG. Loved it! The third book in the White Trash Zombie series is just as good as the first two. I love Angel's voice. And felt so bad for her because in this book, she loses so much.

I also love how such a fun character is balanced out with a lot of very serious and dangerous stuff. Not to mention the zombie mafia. Or the companies experimenting with zombies. Plus, how cool is this world turning out to be? It seems to expand just a bit more with each book, and the twists and turns are really cool.

One thing I'm really liking is Angel's relationship with her father. It's so sweet, that she cares about him so much even though he's let her down so many times. Their interactions are so good, and super emotional.

Oh, and the Philip angle is equal parts fascinating and freaky.

Yep. I'm loving this series. Can't wait to see where it goes next...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Trash Zombie Apocalypse.

July 3, 2013 – Shelved
April 8, 2017 – Shelved as: current-tbr-pile
April 9, 2017 – Started Reading
April 9, 2017 –
page 38
11.88% "Time to read Angel's next zombie adventure..."
April 10, 2017 –
page 76
23.75% "Ooooooh. What's going on here? Zombie extras who might actually be zombies? Hell yeah! ;)"
April 11, 2017 –
page 94
29.38% "Really enjoying this! But I haven't had much time to read during the last few days because I've been busy writing... :)"
April 12, 2017 –
page 203
63.44% "Holy shit, this is good!"
April 13, 2017 – Finished Reading