DJ Harris's Reviews > Doomsday Diaries IV: Luke and the Lion

Doomsday Diaries IV by Aaron B. Powell

Doomsday Diaries IV: Luke and the Lion by Aaron Powell

I think Luke knew… somehow he always knew…
He’d one day be a ghost… an angel… a protector!

No longer constrained by his earthly body, Luke transcends his human existence. Traveling thru time… righting wrongs… protecting the righteous and the meek.

Preparing the chosen ones… preparing himself… preparing for the ultimate battle… the final battle between the righteous and the wicked.

Meanwhile the New World Order and its King are preparing as well. Tightening their grip on the last surviving humans in an effort to thwart Heaven’s plans.

Only Luke and his Ancestors can bring Eden to Earth in these final days. To succeed the New World Order and its King must be stopped!

The Lion is coming.

Doomsday Diaries IV: Luke and the Lion by Aaron Powell 5 Star Review

Aaron Powell is a loving husband and devoted father. When he isn’t writing he is an avid reader and marksman. Aaron Powell is well educated and served in the Marine Corps. He is the author of incredible books, such as; the Doomsday Diaries series, C-Town, Benjamin, Sugar Baby and Scream, "Aye, Sir!".
Excerpt:
"Luke lowers Benjamin’s body to the snowy ground. It’s time to move on. But before Luke leaves him, he speaks into Benjamin’s mind. "God helps those who help themselves.""

Everything comes together in Doomsday Diaries IV : Luke and the Lion! Not just the books in the Doomsday Diaries series, but many of the books in Aaron Powell’s lengthy catalogue. We follow Luke as he visits many stories from past books, giving us answers to questions that have lingered and never been fully explained.

If you are fan of the author, Aaron Powell, (and you should be!) you’ve probably noticed his affinity for reusing characters in books outside their expected storylines. It allows for the author to marry many of his stories together. This is the book that will tie all those lose ends up and give the reader a road map to how all those stories intersect.
Excerpt:
"As Duffy approaches the prisoners, he’s greeted by two Middle Eastern men and three young women, all of whom are taken aback by Duffy’s piercing, cool blue glacier eyes and rugged handsomeness."

We cannot get through a Doomsday Diaries series review without talking about the sexy man Duffy! mmMMmm! My knees are weak! In this addition to the series Duffy is back, married now, but still as yummy and heroic as ever!
Excerpt:
"The NWO headquarters is an intricate facility that has been secretly carved into the rugged landscape, protecting it from bombing and nuclear warfare. The headquarters overlooks a vast spruce forest and is powered by an advanced nuclear reactor. The facility was the secret rendezvous for the super-elitists that had prior knowledge of the planned events of Doomsday."

I’ve always thought the New World Order headquarters were located in Austrailia, but then again this is fiction, right? Anyway, the way the facility was described it reminded me of the NORAD complex they retreated to on Jeremiah (TV series). As far as the secret rendezvous for the super-elitists make me think of Bohemian Grove or the Bilderberg Group.
Excerpt:
""But, from the ashes of an old world, a new and improved world can grow. Under my rule, the human race will be perfected. So… I invite each and every one of you to step forward and take your place at my side. All you need to do is accept me as your -""

How the SEALs didn’t kill Winthrop right there and then is beyond me. Not all of them were under complete control yet. They might have been able to do it. Thoughts of Hitler… Manson… George Soros came to mind with that perfection comment! The list could go on forever!
Excerpt:
""Luke, I’m truly amazed by your ignorance. Your selflessness is appealing to these weak people. But if you let them, they will take advantage of you, bleed you dry until you cannot give them anymore. That is the dilemma of mankind.""

I think most of us have this opinion of mankind. In this sense we are ALL a piece of King Winthrop. I wish it was easier to trust people, to believe that people were not just out for themselves, but we live in evil times full of very bad men (and women).
Excerpt:
""The diary is a record of the past," Luke says to them. "It is a guide to living, a historical account of the end of the old world and the beginning of this new world. Grant, you will be filled with the knowledge of all that has happened, and what you will write will be passed on to the future generations.""

I knew it!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book, as I do ALL Aaron Powell books!

Buy Doomsday Diaries IV: Luke and the Lion by Aaron Powell on Kindle

Get Your Copy of Doomsday Diaries IV: Luke and the Lion by Aaron Powell on Amazon Now!

DJ6uals Recommended Products Amazon Store

Review provided by DJ Harris (aka DJ6ual):

DJ6ual: An Irish Girl’s Blog

Now remember, this is a series! ALL the books in the Doomsday Series combine to create an incredible story, but they also can be read as stand-alone novels as well. I would recommend reading the series, and also checking out other Aaron Powell books to keep up with your favorite characters! Make sure you let me know what you think when you’re done reading!

Doomsday Diaries by Aaron Powell

What if? What if this empire we have amassed really is doomed? Let’s face it, it is doomed. No empire lasts forever. Even America will end.

Don’t panic.

The world is ending. Mom is worried about saving the pictures, Dad is concerned about how to get you (and the rest of the family) to the bunker, and you are worried about saving the dog!

Are you prepared for the worst case scenario?

The Mitchell’s had to evacuate immediately, no time to scramble around the house to find things, and so they took their bug out bag (B.O.B.), a few special items, and supplies and fled for safety.

Life in the midst of the Apocalypse isn’t all bad, or is it.? Growing up underground isn’t all it’s chalked up to be. Luke Mitchell’s parents provided him with a journal to record what it was like to survive doomsday and grow up in a fallout shelter.

The years passed slowly and their supplies dwindled more and more each day. Luke Mitchell, now a teenager, wanted nothing more than to leave the shelter. Luke was getting older, he had.. well… needs! Needs he was unable to satisfy deep beneath the earth’s surface. When the time came to leave the bunker behind Luke was ready! It’s like he had trained for this his whole life, and in a sense he had, but the Mitchell’s were in for quite a shock!

Doomsday Diaries by Aaron Powell on Kindle

Doomsday Diaries: Vol. II by Aaron Powell

They took his parents
They took his religion
They took his woman
They took his freedom

Luke Mitchell struggled to find what was left for him in this world. He had never been this lonely before, and now it was consuming him. Love hurts, but the New World Order (NWO) hurts more!

They say knowledge is power, but knowing about the existence of the New World Order (NWO) is both jarring and life-changing. Once they were revealed to Luke there was no going back. He would have no chance of ever seeing the world the same way again.

Doomsday Diaries: Vol. II by Aaron Powell reads like an action packed post-apocalyptic love story. It is the inner struggle of a young boy forced to become a man, all the while learning about what love really is.

Doomsday Diaries Vol II by Aaron Powell eBook on Kindle

Doomsday Diaries III: Luke the Protector by Aaron Powell

King Winthrop sits like a spider at the center of the New World Order’s web of power. He has no idea that the Lion is coming. His objectives are selfish, greedy, and destructive to mankind.

The devastating losses Luke has endured trigger an epiphany. He chooses to embrace his destiny and harness his true power as a Protector. The only question is, can this humble boy really save the world?

Buy Doomsday Diaries III: Luke the Protector by Aaron Powell on Kindle

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doomsday Diaries IV.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Cedric (new) - added it

Cedric Nye Awesome review! I am really digging Aaron Powell's writing style. He is taking me along for the ride by pulling me into the stories. Thank you for sharing your review!

message 2: by David (new) - added it

David Lucchesi Aaron Powell Rocks!

message 3: by DJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

DJ Harris Cedric wrote: "Awesome review! I am really digging Aaron Powell's writing style. He is taking me along for the ride by pulling me into the stories. Thank you for sharing your review!"

His writing style is a lot like yours. You two would be dangerous if you ever collaborated on a piece.

message 4: by Cedric (new) - added it

Cedric Nye DJ wrote: "Cedric wrote: "Awesome review! I am really digging Aaron Powell's writing style. He is taking me along for the ride by pulling me into the stories. Thank you for sharing your review!"

His writing ..."

message 5: by DJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

DJ Harris Cedric wrote: "I don't know if the world is ready for that kind of pain! Thank you very much, DJ. I liked your review more than I liked my own book!"

WoW! That's one heck of a compliment, thank you!

I can take the pain! Bring it on... Lol!