Shawna's Reviews > A Kiss to Kill

A Kiss to Kill by Nina Bruhns

Aug 01, 2009

bookshelves: cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, romantic-suspense, author-nina-bruhns-nikita-black, favorite-romance-series, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, series-passion-for-danger, reunions-are-sweeter-second-chances, revenge-deception-secrets-lies, 2010-reads, badasses-hunks-in-leather, bdsm-kink, bikers-sexy-as-sin, captive-kidnapped-hostage-slave, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, favorites, friends-to-lovers, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-alpha‎, hero-antihero-gamma, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-addict-excon-lawtrouble-thief, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-i-adore, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, i-read-own-faves-keepers, military-romance, offlimits-bf-likekidsister-jailbait, older-woman-cougar-younger-guy, tattoos-piercings-body-art, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, best-top-favorites, satisfying-secondary-romance, action-adventure-treasure-hunting, assassin-hitman, hh-addiction-recovery-sobriety, 5-stars-plus, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hh-physical-mental-disability-ill, hero-dom, best-fave-reads-of-2010, hero-brooding, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous, hh-on-the-run-in-hiding, badass-kickass-motha-fucka, hero-dark-scary-cool-dangerous-dude
Recommended for: Fans of steamy military romantic suspense & dark, dangerous, gamma anti-heroes
Read on April 10, 2010

5+ stars – Romantic Suspense

WOW! I loved, loved, loved it! What a fantastic, thrilling conclusion to an AWESOME series! If you like steamy, action-packed military romantic suspense and authors like Suzanne Brockmann, Marliss Melton, Catherine Mann, and Stephanie Tyler (only with more smokin' hot sex) and haven't yet read this series, then what on earth are you waiting for?! Big 5 stars!

This series must be read in order:

Shoot to Thrill
If Looks Could Chill
A Kiss to Kill

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Kiss to Kill.

04/10/2010 page 25
7.0% "I'm excited to finally read the conclusion to this awesome series. It's a thrilling, hot pick for my 100th read of 2010!" 1 comment

message 1: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Great review Shawna. The 1st was a decent read for me but I haven't picked the 2nd and 3rd up.

message 2: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae Great review as always, Shawna:)

Shawna Thanks Scully & Daisiemae! :)

message 4: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Super review Shawna...You have just added three more books to my TBR pile. LOL!

Anne OK Great review, Shawna! You know I agree totally! This is by far one of the best new romantic suspense series of 2009-10! Hope Nina has some new books and characters equally as exciting.

message 6: by Shawna (last edited Apr 23, 2010 07:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna Thanks, Ally! Sorry to add to your TBR pile, LOL! :)

Thanks, AnneOK! I agree, it's one of my top fave series of 2009/2010, too! I thought this was the end of this series, but I'd love it if she came out with more.

message 7: by ElaineY (new) - added it

ElaineY I have the three books but I recall thinking the heroine of the first book very annoying and unbelievable and didn't finish the book. The other 2 books sound SO good that it looks like I'll have to suck it up and read Shoot to Thrill, huh?

Shawna I think the series is best in order because the H/H in this have important history from "Shoot to Thrill".

message 9: by ElaineY (new) - added it

ElaineY Shawna wrote: "I think the series is best in order because the H/H in this have important history from "Shoot to Thrill"."

Thanks, Shawna. I'll read from the first book. Maybe this time around, the heroine won't be so silly and I can get past that and into the story. I don't think I got very far before I ditched it.

Have you read the author's Slave of Love, written as Nikita Black? That was one hot, hot, hot erotic suspense! I wish she'd write more of those. I liked it very much and am planning to read next, when I finish KR's Silent Scream.

Shawna I've got Nikita Black's "Slave to Love" and "Cajun Hot" on my TBR. I'm sure they're smokin'!

message 11: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Cajun Hot was definitely hot! Haven't found Slave to Love yet.

message 12: by ElaineY (new) - added it

ElaineY AgentScully wrote: "Cajun Hot was definitely hot! Haven't found Slave to Love yet."

I did not like Cajun Hot. After Slave to Love, it was a piece of fluff that I found very boring and did not finish. If you liked Cajun Hot then I'm sure you'll enjoy Slave to Love - if you like romantic suspense with a hint of BDSM.