Julie Smith 's Reviews > Good Night Captain Mama: Buenas Noches Capitan Mama

Good Night Captain Mama by Graciela Tiscareno-Sato

F 50x66

bookshelves: reviewed

This review first appeared on my blog: http://www.knittingandsundries.com/20...

This is a sweet short book perfect for a bedtime story or story time at school or the library.

As Marco gets ready to go to bed, his mother comes in and they have a conversation:

"Mama, what's this patch that's red, white and blue" he wanted to know. "That's my American flag," she replied. "Oh. What does it mean?" asked Marco. "This is the symbol of our nation, the U.S.A. I serve in our military to protect our country and to keep you safe," she replied.

Note to the grammarians among us - notice that there are no paragraphs. I read an eGalley, so I would assume that proper spacing will be in the final copy.

It serves as a pretty rounded explanation of what military parents do and the best thing about it is that it is bilingual, with each page having both the English story and the Spanish story - probably a great book for homeschoolers who are teaching their children both languages as well.

Best of all, a portion of the proceeds are dedicated to a group that runs a training/mentoring program for women veterans!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Night Captain Mama.

June 24, 2013 – Started Reading