Michelle's Reviews > Shelter Mountain

1943703
Jul 31, 2009

bookshelves: romance-contemporary, read-in-2010, read-own, ebooks
Read from June 05 to 07, 2010

This book was a little more intense than the first book of the series but I loved it! One thing I really liked is how you see all the characters from the first book and I do hope it continues throughout the rest of the series. I just love Mel and Jack and I'm glad I was able to read more about them in this book!

As for Paige and Preacher, they are just as loveable! Preacher looks tough and scary on the outside but he's just a big & shy guy with a big heart. When Paige, all bruised up, and her 3 year old son walk into the bar on one rainy day it changes his life. Running from her abusive husband, Paige not only finds shelter from the rain but she finds shelter in Preacher's big, loving arms. They had such spark between them but it took Preacher a little advice from his friend before he finally made a move. He was quite slow in that department. I thought it was cute! I loved how Preacher was so good with Chris. He would read him stories, give him his bath and put him to bed. What a sweetheart! =)In the end Preacher helps Paige get rid of her, now, ex-husband and they find their happily every after!

As for the rest of the Virgin River characters, again, I enjoyed all the side stories. I was really sad for Rick and Liz and I was a little bummed about Rick's choice at the end. Maybe they'll have their own book(or maybe they already do)??. I think that would be a good story!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shelter Mountain.

jenjn79 The characters are pretty continuous throughout the series. Some - like Mel & Jack - are a constant. They're always there. Others - like the H/H from book 3 - are much less used. But one of the things that makes this series stand out is the character continuity. They're not one-offs. You get to keep reading them as the series moves along.