Tia's Reviews > Who Asked You?

Who Asked You? by Terry McMillan

bookshelves: 1-nets, black-fiction-literature, dollar-tree, home-library, 2review

A fun and engaging read that deals with realistic issues. The inner dialogue of the characters and the dialogue of Luther I found to be very funny at times. More than once when Luther was talking I laughed out loud. Who Asked you? is a fast paced read that will have you turning the pages and relating many of the characters to members of your family or inner circle of friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Asked You?.

July 1, 2013 – Shelved
July 1, 2013 – Shelved as: want
July 29, 2013 – Shelved as: 1-nets
July 29, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
July 29, 2013 – Shelved as: black-fiction-literature
October 17, 2013 – Started Reading
October 18, 2013 –
page 85
22.08% "I've been laughing out loud. The children and different perspectives of characters are hilarious."
October 20, 2013 –
page 85
22.08% "Our mama don't like no white people. "All they want is your money," she say. But I always wonder why she be getting so mad at them, 'cause she ain't never got no money. *Luther*"
October 20, 2013 –
48.0% ""She looks up from this thick books she been reading seem like everyday for like two weeks. It got a picture of some little white boy wearing corny glasses riding a broom on the cover. I thought Nurse Kim was smart enough to read grown-up books. But: my bad. I still love her." (Luther asking Nurse Kim a question)"
October 21, 2013 –
page 312
81.04% "I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It's sad, funny and true. I will definitely be getting a copy for my home library."
October 21, 2013 – Finished Reading
September 19, 2015 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
September 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
September 19, 2015 – Shelved as: home-library (Paperback Edition)
September 19, 2015 – Shelved as: goodwill-finds (Paperback Edition)
March 24, 2016 – Shelved as: dollar-tree