Amelia's Reviews > Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

Jul 30, 2009

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, own, reviewed, best-books-ever, best-character-set, best-original-idea, best-plot, best-romance
Read from May 05 to 19, 2010 — I own a copy

Okay, first off, the whole story, with the exception of a SMALL part near the end, is in Ethan's point of view. Weird, no? Usually stories like this are told in the GIRL'S point of view but the fact that it was in ETHAN'S was...actually sort of fascinating. For two female authors, they portrayed Ethan's character remarkably well.

I absolutely love good books that are good and LONG. If you're looking for something to hold you over for a few days, Beautiful Creatures is your book of choice. The mystery is well-developed and thorough.

The characters were enjoyable and the whole setup of the Gatlin town was intriguing. As the plot went on and when it came to the part where the story unfolds and you finally find out whodunnit, I was stunned by what was revealed--NOT something that happens very often, mind you. And at the end, I was like, "Oh god!" in anticipation. Also by the events, of which I cannot describe here. *wink*

Beautiful Creatures is now resting on my bookshelf, having bought it without reading it first! But I thought, this looks like a good book. And hey, I didn't bring it back to the bookstore, although two books had that unfortunate fate today.

Don't you just love the cover? I was fascinated with the font and I was constantly following the curves and where they met up.

Grade: A
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Creatures.

Quotes Amelia Liked

Margaret Stohl
“So you are a vampire."

"I most certainly am not." He looked annoyed. "That's such a common phrase, such a cliche, and so unflattering. I suppose you believe in werewolves and aliens too. I blame television.”
Margaret Stohl, Beautiful Creatures