Robert Day's Reviews > 102 Ways to Write a Novel: Indispensable Advice for the Writer of Fiction

102 Ways to Write a Novel by Alex Quick

bookshelves: writing, knowledge

This book is so excellent that it inspired me to write my first story since school and that's a whole lot of literary constipation! Alex Quick (or should I say Gary Dexter?) deserves to be rich and famous beyond all measure; unless of course he doesn't want to be.

The book does not really give '102 Ways to Write a Novel' but it does give 102 wonderful pieces of advice on the various aspects of how to write a novel, all of which are useful and actionable and.. I wonder if I'm really a psychopath with a lack of capacity to feel compassion for those around me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 102 Ways to Write a Novel.

July 1, 2013 – Started Reading
July 1, 2013 – Shelved
July 1, 2013 –
page 32
16.67% "now this is nice"
July 2, 2013 –
page 60
31.25% "this is the nearest I've found to a 'write this' then 'write that' guide, but still haven't written anything. ho hum."
July 5, 2013 –
page 106
55.21% "having been inspired by this book to write a whole story, I'm scared to read any more just in case I'm inspired to write a whole novel! Where would all my spare reading time go?!"
July 12, 2013 – Finished Reading