Ira Therebel's Reviews > The Woman Who Sparked the Greatest Sex Scandal of All Time

The Woman Who Sparked the Greatest Sex Scandal of All Time by Eli Yaakunah

bookshelves: first-reads, fiction, science-fiction, contemporary, novel, erotica

This book is absolutely amazing. It took me a couple of chapters to get into it, but once I did I could not put it down, I was simply absorbed by it and it was in my head even when I was not reading it.

Actually it was nothing that I expected. When I first read the description and signed up to win it, I was just thinking to explore the genre of erotica that I never read. The book seemed like a sex novel only a bit less dumb than the ones I heard about before. But it was so much more than that.

I am actually somebody who reads more non-fiction than fiction, and even when it comes to fiction I usually prefer the realistic narrations of the world we live in or from the past and yet this book that is more surreal than anything was great for me as well.

Yes, there is lots of sex in it. And sometimes it is more bizarre than anything, but this is because sex in this book isn't simply sex. It is a metaphor. Just like all the other surreal and lyrical elements of the book. The book is more of a social and political commentary of the world we live in. We see the battle of love/sex vs. hate/violence, the manipulation of society by the media, the control by politics, the question of weather what we hear is reality and if the lies we are told benefit us. Sure, one can just read this book as a sci fi erotica thriller, but by doing so one misses out on a lot.

I also would like to mention author's brilliant narrating style. The words used bring the depth, the atmosphere,the juiciness, the feelings, the excitement. It is absolutely beautiful.

I feel like re reading this book again because I feel like I will find so much more in it after having discovered more of the meaning and get to enjoy seeing more references that I might have missed at my first read.

A huge applause to the first time author, she truly created a masterpiece. To me it is not just a novel, it is a true literature.

*I got this book for free through goodreads giveaways*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman Who Sparked the Greatest Sex Scandal of All Time.

June 30, 2013 – Shelved