Kristi's Reviews > The Iron King

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

bookshelves: own-arc, books-i-own, signed-arcs, signed-books

This book was outstanding. I mean really... I was totally enthralled from page one to page three hundred and sixty eight. I am blown away at the sheer awesomeness that emits from this book.

First off, I’m a huge fan of “Fae” in general, especially love reading this type of story. But at the same time, when it comes to book about fae there are a lot of similarities. Many books share the same mythology, the Summer Court and Winter Court, references to Midsummer Night’s Dream... The Iron King has these elements, and yet... Kagawa totally makes it her own thing. She created this strangely unique world, with even stranger inhabitants...magical! There was no way to anticipate what Meghan would encounter next.

Absolutely loved Meghan’s character. Strong, independent, stubborn, selfless. This is the kind of character that you want to read about, the kind of character that you admire. Not to mention the absolutely compelling cast of supporting characters... Puck, Ash & Grimalkin. There aren’t many times, especially in a debut, that I find myself genuinely enjoying and being impressed with all the characters. There are usually one or two that really stand out, and the others fade in the background, that’s not the case with The Iron King.

This book has it all..... action, romance, humor, intrigue! Not to mention it’s exceptionally written.

This is part of a three book series, but the first book wraps up nicely and sets up perfectly for the next novel, The Iron Daughter. Absolutely recommend this book! Can’t wait to get my hands on the next one!

Addicting!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron King.

July 30, 2009 – Shelved
January 25, 2010 – Finished Reading
January 28, 2010 – Shelved as: books-i-own
March 14, 2010 – Shelved as: signed-arcs
March 14, 2010 – Shelved as: signed-books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Kirthi (new) - added it

Kirthi Oh I've been dying to read this! How is it so far?

Kristi AWESOME!

Alethea A I started it today, and I have to agree!

Stephanie Tang I've wanted to read this for so long! Hopefully it lives up to my expectations!

Sarah Apparently, there are actually four in the series, with 3 novellas that come after each book!! The more the better, I think!

Maria Aguilar To be honest this is my first faery book I read and I have to say I am not disappoint. I did not read Midsummer Night's Dream but I say the movie so the name should familar and I was right. It was amazing and it did not make me disappointed can't wait to read the rest of the series.

Anika First let me say I'm pretty sure that there are now six book in this series.
I just finished iron king not to long ago and started iron daughter two days ago.
I love your review it brings out the best things in this book , and I completely agree with you on everything.
Also have you read the lunar chronicles? If not I think you'll really like it based on what I read from your review.

Sarah Michelle Well said, I really want to read this book but so far the other reviews weren't so positive. but now I definitely going to read it!