Wendy's Reviews > Blurred

Blurred by Tara A. Fuller

20086411
Jun 28, 2013

bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal, friendship

Originally posted on my blog: book-scents.com

Oh my goodness, what a fantastic sequel! In Blurred, we discover Cash's story. Quick refresher from Inbetween -- Cash survived a fire in which he should've died. Anaya, a reaper for Heaven, was supposed to have taken his soul but didn't. Ever since that incident, Cash has been seeing shadows. They haunt him. He can't sleep, he can't function, he just can't deal with having them everywhere, sucking the warmth out of every single molecule in the room. He's falling apart and he doesn't know what to do. Emma has always been there for him but now she has Finn and really, what can she do? My heart just HURT for him. I so wanted to just hold him and make sure nothing bad ever happens to him again.

Anaya is the only one that can push back at this nightmare but he doesn't know if he can trust her -- and most importantly, he doesn't know WHY he was brought back at all.

This sequel was a little darker to me than the first one. We see a lot more of the other world -- we learn more about the shadows, Hell, the Inbetween and Heaven. I loved all of that, I thought the world building was just awesome and super intriguing. It was also told in dual POVs between Cash and Anaya, which I really enjoyed. We get flashbacks and pieces of Anaya's story which I truly loved. It kind of tore my heart out a little though.

Cash is amazing. He used to be such a flirt and in Inbetween you kind of get the image of broken, party-boy, best-friend thing going on. In Blurred you see his artistic side and the side that cares. His sense of humor is still there though, and he had me smiling and laughing at him more than once. In Blurred, you see the drastic changes his non-death has wrought in him. He's living in a body that should not be alive, "expired" so to speak, but he fights on. He struggles but braves the pain. He uses sheer determination to keep on going. He's always been a little broken, and having his POV? Seeing his thoughts, his feelings, his world through his eyes? Yeah, Tara sure knows how to hit me where it hurts -- my heart.

Some of the twists I had figured out and saw coming but that didn't take away from the storytelling at all for me. I still enjoyed the ride! I liked how certain pieces from Inbetween fit into this one because it was cool to see. However, if you picked this one up without reading the first, I think it's doable too. But definitely read Inbetween if you haven't because it'll provide a better background and I think you can appreciate Cash that much more.

This one tugged at my heartstrings a bit but I loved it and Cash. <3 Go and get it! =) Tara has also confirmed that the next one will be Easton's story and I am so looking forward to that. I've been curious about the reaper for hell!

*Disclosure: An eARC was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not sway my opinion or the opinions expressed in my review in any way.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blurred.

June 28, 2013 – Started Reading
June 28, 2013 – Shelved
June 28, 2013 –
page 7
1.99% "I'm already caught up in this. whyy do I always start books late at night??"
June 29, 2013 –
page 172
48.86% "oh Cash. I just want to hold you and tell you it'll be okay"
June 29, 2013 –