KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > Tears of Tess

Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters

Jun 28, 2013

I submit 4.5 stars

"Tears of Tess" is the story of a young twenty year old named "Tess Snow" who gets kidnapped while on a romantic vacation in Mexico with her boyfriend Brax, that's when things take a turn for the worst, it gets dark, gritty and sometimes unbearable to read!!

MY LIFE WAS COMPLETE, EVERYTHING NEAT AND PERFECT, THEN IT ALL CHANGED!!

"If anyone asked what I was most afraid of, what terrified me the most, what stole my breath away, and made my life flicker before my eyes, I would say three little words."

I WAS SOLD!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"I didn't belong to Brax any more, I didn't even belong to myself, I belonged to a bleak unknown, and terror filled future."

"Accept that you are no longer a woman. You are merchandise.And merchandise must have a barcode for sale."

I WAS NO LONGER TESS, I WAS DOLLAR SIGNS!!

My world ended as hands smothered my face, pressing a rag, reeking of chloroform against my nose and mouth.

UNCONSCIOUSNESS CLAIMED ME!!

I recognized the hum of craft engines, all I focused on was my survival, a black hood covered my head, as I sat there, hands bound and head aching from being drugged, I mentally prepared for the worst.

THE NEXT STAGE OF MY NEW LIFE WAS BEGINNING NOW!!

"Say hello to your new master."

A man in a grey chequered suit, complete with black shirt, silver tie, and short dark hair watched from the landing. His gaze unclothed and terrified me, everything about him screamed ruthless and power..

"You are no one's but mine. Do you understand?" "Your future is mine, "Call me Q."

" I summon, you come, that's the only law you need to understand, I am your owner, you are mine."

"What is your name?" I crossed my arms, glaring, "Never!"

MY NAME WAS THE ONLY THING I OWNED!!

"Fine" he all but shouted, "I will call you Dove, until you answer, like the grey-blue of your eyes."

You will from now on be known as "ESCLAVE!"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The truth hurts less than fibs and fakers. I had to abandon the truth and wrap myself in lies to survive. I had to change completely.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I really have no excuses why I didn't read this book sooner, I admit I did try but got as far as Tess and Brax's departure to Mexico at the airport and that's where I gave up as Tess was getting on my nerves..Then I looked at the reviews which are very mixed, it wasn't until 3 people told me to pick it up again and give it another shot, which is leads me here writing my 4.5 star review..I glad I gave this another chance, I picked it up again did a few eye roils at Tess but found I couldn't put this bugga of a book down!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tears of Tess.

June 28, 2013 – Shelved
June 28, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
November 25, 2013 – Started Reading
November 27, 2013 – Finished Reading

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Had this on my kindle for ages so am going to give it a shot

Elaine Fantastic review :)))