Natalia's Reviews > Baked: New Frontiers in Baking

Baked by Matt  Lewis

291904
Jul 28, 2009

Read in July, 2009

Some of these are a little challenging, but I think with practice they'll get easier. The recipes can be complex, with lots of ingredients, but that's just because the writers are nit-picking perfectionists. The recipes are complicated because they're all really *good.* I haven't made anything out of this book that wasn't extremely high-quality (well, it didn't always turn out high-quality, but that was definitely due to the my own lack of skill). Not the *easiest* baking book, but if you're willing to learn some techniques, invest in good ingredients, and follow their well-detailed process as if it were gospel, you can get some really tasty and professional results. A baking book for the overachiever.

PS- So far I've tried: Sweet and Salty Cake (dark chocolate cake with salted caramel and caramel chocolate ganache buttercream) and the Flourless Chocolate Cake. Next up: Grasshopper Cake (dark chocolate cake with crème de menthe buttercream) and possibly something like scones or biscuits.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baked.