Erin's Reviews > A Jane Austen Daydream

A Jane Austen Daydream by Scott D. Southard

Apr 18, 2017

bookshelves: audio-books

Audiobook narrated by Louisa Gummer. (11h 50m)

Well, this book took hold of me and I listened to it during every moment of the day, right up until my head hit the pillow. Seriously, this book is so goooood!!! Told in three volumes, Scott D.Southard unfolds the story of Jane Austen and her pursuit of love. Some of her suitors, such as Irishman Tom Lefroy, whose relationship with the author was shone upon in the film "Becoming Jane" and wealthy childhood friend, Harris Biggs Wither who is recognized as handing the author her only serious marriage proposal are given their due. Southard also sees fit to have Jane Austen come face to face with her own "Mr Collins" and also gives Jane , a strange encounter with an American writer, in fact, it is none other than Scott D.Southard!!

Now I have read my share of reimaginings, sequels, inspirations, and fanfictions of Jane Austen and her books, but "A Jane Austen Daydream " is by far the "cream of the crop." I laughed and cried and was just so pleased that someone could bring Jane Austen and her world back to life in the pages.

If I have one criticism of the text, it might be that Louisa Gummer cannot do an American accent! Aside from that, I would suggest that this is required reading for any Austenite.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Jane Austen Daydream.

June 28, 2013 – Shelved
June 28, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
April 14, 2017 – Started Reading
April 14, 2017 – Shelved as: audio-books
April 18, 2017 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Terrific review Erin.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader & Traveling Sister Great review, Erin! Now I want to hear the narrator's American accent! Lol

Erin Thanks Maureen! Jennifer, the narrator has to do a New Yorker accent, but the first couple times she makes him sound like a Southerner whose swallowed marbles.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Southard Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad you enjoyed my book.

Erin Scott wrote: "Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad you enjoyed my book."

Scott, I loved your book! THANK YOU for writing it!

message 6: by Dash fan (new)

Dash fan great review :-)

Erin Dash fan wrote: "great review :-)"

Thank you!