Liza Wiemer's Reviews > Looking for Me

Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman

3152001

An exceptional story that will leave antique lovers drooling, nature lovers longing for the outdoors, animal lovers running to make a donation to their local animal shelter or humane society, and hopeless romantics swooning.

I seriously can't believe that I waited a whole month to read this novel. I should have picked it up immediately. Looking for Me is storytelling at its best. Teddi and her brother Josh grew up on a farm in Kentucky. While she loves to give new life to old things like furniture, Josh becomes a protector of nature. Their father fosters their passions while their mother begrudgingly goes along with it. As Teddi and Josh grow up, they take their own journeys away from home. Their stories are both heartwarming and heartbreaking. Some of the overall themes of this beautiful novel are the power of family ties, the bonds of friendship, and the power of love.

I highly recommend this touching story. It's so well written, you'd think that these people exist in the world, not just on the page. I don't think I will ever look at an antique or go into a resale shop without thinking about this novel. Nor will I ever take a walk in a national park or wildlife preserve without it coming to mind. It's simply beautiful. Memorable.

Thank you to Pamela Dorman Books for the review copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looking for Me.

June 28, 2013 – Shelved
June 28, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
August 17, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Gayle (new)

Gayle Rosengren Liza,
Another great review from you of what sounds like an incredibly beautiful story. This translates to another book to add to my To Read pile. (Which thanks to you is now TWO piles!)

Liza Wiemer Gayle, I loved this one! A HUGE pile. Happy reading. :D

Melissa Glad you loved this book too!

message 4: by RivkaBelle (new) - added it

RivkaBelle Oooh, this sounds great! And love the cover too, hehe :o)

Liza Wiemer Rivka, I think you'll really enjoy it. I was definitely taken in by the scenery, the storyline, the characters!

Christine Perfect review of this book!

Liza Wiemer Christine wrote: "Perfect review of this book!"

Christine, thank you so much for your kind words! Love this book & I've given it as a gift to others!

Heather Do you know of any other books with the antiques dealer theme?

Liza Wiemer Heather wrote: "Do you know of any other books with the antiques dealer theme?"

Heather, that's a really good question. The only one I am aware of is Savannah Blues by Mary Kay Andrews

Lady Willpower Good question, Heather! First thing that comes to mind is Flight Patterns by Karen White.