Elisse's Reviews > Jinx

Jinx by Meg Cabot

U 50x66
Jul 28, 2009

it was ok

Jinx is a pretty decent book. The plot is pretty good and I enjoyed the magic/real-life tie. There were a couple of problems though. One is that the main character is an idiot. She's supposed to be a naive country girl from Iowa (and by the way, Iowa does NOT=naive) and she IS naive, but I became increasingly frustrated with her as she failed to realize EXTREMELY OBVIOUS THINGS. Things which I can't talk about because it would give the plot away. But rest assured, they're obvious. Another difficulty is that the book seems to have trouble deciding whether the possibly magical things that happen are actually magic or coincidence. Because the could just as likely be either, and that made it difficult for me to really figure the book out. I think maybe at the end you're supposed to be all like 'oh yeah the magic did it' but I was still a little bit wary about thinking that. It was interesting though, to not be able to decide, I just think that it could have maybe leaned a little more to one side or the other. But otherwise the book was fairly good in terms of plot and all, and is an extremely quick read (two and a half straight hours for me) and has a hot guy, so I would recommend reading it just for some simple pleasure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jinx.