Becky's Reviews > Blurred

Blurred by Tara A. Fuller

bookshelves: contemporary, fantasy-paranormal, ya-na, arc

Full review is posted here.

(I admit it, I read this series out of order. It wasn't until I was about halfway through that I realized that I even *had* the first book...but by that point, I'd already decided that I had to read it. And I did--almost as soon as I finished this one. And less than 24 hours later, I was done. So...if you haven't read the first one yet, starting with the second one is do-able. But first you need to ask yourself why haven't you read the first one yet???? )

I LOVED this book. I loved Cash. I loved Anaya. Even though I was meeting them for the first time, I loved Finn and Emma too. (And Easton; don't even get me started on Easton. PLEASE tell me his book is coming out, and soon!) I loved the world that Fuller built here...although I think I'd rather read about it safely from a distance, thank you. I'd rather not personally experience *any* of it myself. For all the drama and danger that Emma and Finn had to deal with in Inbetween--and they did have a lot of drama and danger to deal with--everything felt like it was twice as much in this one. Cash has to deal with his physical and mental state; his changing relationship with Emma, who also no longer lives next door; his new-found knowledge of the existence of reapers and other, scarier entities...and that's all on top of the normal, high-school senior things, like school and his often-antagonistic relationship with his dad. Anaya, on the other hand, has been doing her job for a thousand years, all along believing that she was eventually going to be rewarded for her efforts. She finds out in this book, though, that her boss might have been a little less-than forthcoming in that department, and she suddenly doesn't know what to do or who to believe. Drama and danger ensue all around.

Did I mention I LOVED this book?

(I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blurred.

June 27, 2013 – Shelved