AshO's Reviews > 23 Minutes In Hell: One Man's Story About What He Saw, Heard, and Felt in That Place of Torment

23 Minutes In Hell by Bill Wiese

did not like it
bookshelves: leisure-reading, religious

Overall, the book wasn't horrible, but not very good at all. I wouldn't recommend buying it - it would be a waste of $ overall. It would be more worth it to just go to the bookstore and sit down with it and read the few pages where he describes his experiences in hell and then his subsequent speaking with Jesus afterwards. That is basically the only part worth reading in the book. But then even after that, you wonder WHAT really happened in the kitchen to cause him to end up seeing himself in hell/have this vision. Apparently, this vision was not caused by a near death experience, like how most people experiences heaven/hell. He doesn't really say what happened, supposedly he just had a vision and that is all.

But maybe it could have been a panic attack or he fell asleep and had a dream, etc., etc... (but we don't know because he doesn't go into any detail to say what happened except that he had a bonafide vision, like a saint or a prophet would). I'm not saying he didn't experience what he said he did, but I want MORE of an explanation (like most of us want/need when we hear of these things happening).

Otherwise, most of the book is pretty drab by him giving citations and trying to back up his experience.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 23 Minutes In Hell.

July 27, 2009 – Shelved