Aimee's Reviews > Mercury's War

Jul 27, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: own-it, paranormal-romance, lora-leigh
Read in November, 2009

This one, to me, was one of the better breeds stories. It was a little less recycled. There were a few unpredictable twists...but overall, the ending was pretty easily predicted.

It of course contained the trademark Lora Leigh scorching romance. I would say that this one was a little tame compared to her usual standard. But I was more sucked into this story than some of the previous ones in this series.

**POSSIBLE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY READ TANNER'S SCHEME**

The thing that really irked me about this book is an editing issue. Earlier in the series (I believe the second book), there was a character named "Taber". Then, later on there was a female named "Tamber" (I think). In this book they make several references to "Taber's betrayal of the Sanctuary" when, if memory serves me correctly, it was "Tamber" who was the traitor in Tanner's Scheme. "Taber" was "Roni's" mate in The Man Within..and a pretty decent guy...if I'm remembering the right character! I guess it's dangerous having characters with such similar names in one series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mercury's War.

11/09/2009 page 135
41.54% "They keep mentioning
Taber's betrayal" I could have sworn Taber was Roni's mate, and "Tamber" was the traitor in Tanner's Scheme!" 1 comment