Amanda's Reviews > Ashes to Ashes

Ashes to Ashes by Karina Halle

bookshelves: best-series

"I'm Dex Foray, the only penis involved in the show."

Forget Camden, Javier and Sage. I still think Dex is best hero that Karina had created to date. He can be a douche, a neurotic or a romantic. We love him just the same. This time we're back with Perry's POV, oh how I miss the girl. This time our favorite ghost hunting duo had Rebecca breathing down their neck as their show's new producer. The trio new assignment sent them back to Oregon, the place where Dex and Perry first met each other. The Sea Crest Sanatorium was rumored to be haunted by tuberculosis patients that were quarantined in the hospital with a false promise of cure.

Dex was once again fantastic in his douchey ways, but now he add 'best boyfriend' in his list of repertoire. The way he 'behave' in front of Perry's family and Uncle Al was Aww... moment. His POV in Come Alive was freaking hilarious, but I miss seeing him from Perry's POV. As usual, his dirty mouth and crude comments are to die for,

"I'm your fucking man. That is never going to change. And now I'm going to fuck you till we embarrass ourselves."

I can't help but notice they kept reminiscing about the days when he first met Perry and their subsequent shenanigans. When it was pointed out that they only knew each other for eight months, I had the same reaction as Perry. I felt like I knew them for years, even though I only started reading EIT this year.

I turned into a mushy pile of goo every time Dex called Perry,

"Hey, kiddo."

Remember the ending in Come Alive? Dex keep finding the right moment and every time someone interrupted him, I was like "Urg!! Get lost".

In the last book I kept questioning whether did Perry still love Dex like she used to be after all the heartache and drama that she'd endured. I guess this book reaffirm us that Perry really do loves him and their relationship is as strong as ever.

"You... make me feel sane in this crazy world. You give me hope. You give me life. When I'm with you... I can't even believe I'm with you. It's like that every morning. Like I'm dreaming, but I'm not."

Many said the horror this time was the creepiest, but I don't know why I'm not that bother by it. I still think 'On Demon Wings' was the scariest. Is all kind of sad that the next book we will be getting will be the end of EIT series.

"You're an ass."
"You love it,"
"I love you, stupid. Ass or not."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashes to Ashes.

June 26, 2013 – Shelved
June 26, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
December 11, 2013 – Started Reading
December 11, 2013 –
0.0% "I need to put away everything and read Dex Foray!"
December 14, 2013 – Finished Reading
December 15, 2013 – Shelved as: best-series

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Brenna Great review. "Kiddo" is the best, isn't it?! *sigh*

Amanda Brenna wrote: "Great review. "Kiddo" is the best, isn't it?! *sigh*"

LoL, Brenna. I kept snickering whenever 'Brenna' made an appearance :D

Brenna Hahaha! I swear Karina likes to torture me.

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ love the review!!! aw how I miss Dex already x

message 5: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ I really need to start this series! Wonderful review, Amanda! :)

Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews Promised myself that I would begin this series over the holidays. Gah! I feel so behind the curve.

Jeanne Yes!! I thought this was creepy but I still think ON Demon Wings is scariest also. I love Dex even more after this:)) Great review!

Amanda [Ami~RR] wrote: "love the review!!! aw how I miss Dex already x"

thanks, Ami.

Amanda ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "I really need to start this series! Wonderful review, Amanda! :)"

yes, rachel. this series is awesome!

Amanda T's Book wrote: "Promised myself that I would begin this series over the holidays. Gah! I feel so behind the curve."

u juz have to meet Dex!

Amanda Jeanne wrote: "Yes!! I thought this was creepy but I still think ON Demon Wings is scariest also. I love Dex even more after this:)) Great review!"

Thanks, Jeanne. Haha. I guess is becoz On Demon Wings setting was at home. So it makes everything felt freaking real xD

Hazel Anne  ~Javier Bernal~Kingsley Edge~ What a review!!
"I felt like I knew them for years, even though I only started reading EIT this year."
RIGHT ON Amanda, right on ♥

Amanda Hazel Anne wrote: "What a review!!
RIGHT ON Amanda, right on ♥"

Haha. glad u're feeling the same way :D

message 14: by Didi (new)

Didi Great review Amanda! Looking forward to this.

Amanda Didi wrote: "Great review Amanda! Looking forward to this."

Lisa wrote: "Awesome review, Amanda!"

thanks, ladies :D

Amanda Vilda wrote: "Great review, Amanda! Gosh, I love your quotes. Totally shows the awesomeness of Dex :D *swoons*"

thanks, Vilda. The another awesome series that is coming to an end. *sob*

message 17: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen I loved your review Amanda! I am super sad that this series will be ending too. I love the quotes you included in your review..and let's face it..I love Dex too..Gosh, I will miss him when he's gone! Hugs to you..it was funny..I was just thinking about you earlier..thinking that I hadn't seen you aound in awhile!! Then you popped up on my status update! Hope life is treating you well..I am enjoying my little Grandson tons..He is such a sweetheart!! Take care Amanda, and I will try and keep in better touch with you! Hugs

Amanda Jen wrote: "I loved your review Amanda! I am super sad that this series will be ending too. I love the quotes you included in your review..and let's face it..I love Dex too..Gosh, I will miss him when he's gon..."

thanks, jen. Thinking about this series ending just make me sad all over. I have been having a long holiday during the Chinese New Year celebration. My hubby forbid me to online, and I only manage to read 4 books in 2 weeks. What a record! Aren't you too young to have a Grandson!! So happy for u!