Cassie Mae's Reviews > Effortless With You

Effortless With You by Lizzy Charles

bookshelves: to-read

Just finished this amazing awesomeness.

Review soon!

FULL REVIEW:

Oh my holy cuteness! What an adorable read with a droolable boy (gah... Justin, you are mine!) and a wonderful book for teens. (And YA old lady fans like me :))

First... LOVE THIS COVER! It's adorable, and sets the tone up immediately. It's a light and fun book, with its doses of deep and dark, all in the right moments that leave you going "awww" in a cute way, and "awww" in a that's-so-sad way.

Lucy is a cute narrator. The perfect 16 year old who is making mistakes, falling in love, battling with her parents, and trying to stand out in a crowd that she feels is swallowing her up. But she's a cutie, with inner monologue that makes me laugh and leaves me rooting for her to have her moment.

Justin is totally cute and amazing, and he's supposed to come off as a jerk to our leading lady at first, but honestly my hubby is ten times worse, so I thought he was adorbs, lol! He's the typical popular guy with the perfect abs, eyes, and girlfriend, but his personality is so not typical. SPOILER ALERT! Love a guy who wants to save himself. Thank you Lizzy for writing someone different!

Loved the painting during the summer. Loved Alex! Oh my gosh, give me an Alex book please!!!! He was so darn cute. And I loved that Lucy was surrounded by guys in this job, but only one made her heart thump ;) They were all really decent guys too. You have the typical scumbag, but there were a lot of other really lovable boys.

I use the word love a lot. Can you tell I just loved this???

Wonderful easy read, cute YA story, and adorable characters. I can't wait for others to read it so I can chat about it nonstop (and fight for Justin ;))

Great debut, Lizzy. Can't wait to see more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Effortless With You.

June 25, 2013 – Shelved