Mysti Parker's Reviews > All in the Mind

All in the Mind by Jenny Twist

Whenever I pick up something written by Jenny Twist, I know I'm not going to want to put it down. "All in the Mind" was no exception!

The story begins with an elderly lady named Tilly, who wakes up in an unfamiliar room decorated in shoddy 1940's furnishings. She soon discovers she's in an nursing home, and her husband Johnny is there as well, partially paralyzed from a stroke. Tilly and several other patients are part of a new and unconventional Alzheimer's treatment that involves immersing them in the surroundings from their younger days.

Soon, she and Johnny are moved back into the home where their life together began, and that's where something truly amazing begins. There in that cozy cottage in the English countryside, not only are Tilly's and Johnny's memories resurrected, but so is their youth!

Before you assume this is just another "adults become kids again" story, think again. Tilly and Johnny aren't the only ones changing. It seems the lives of their current friends are mimicking those of their loved ones from the past. You're left to wonder if its just this elderly couple changing, if the time/space continuum is shifting, or if everything is just a coincidence.

Well, you'll have to read it to find out. Rest assured that Jenny Twist delivers a timeless love story that's truly unique and compelling. The characters' lives and beautiful romance is described in such heartwarming, vivid detail that you fall instantly in love with them.

There are several scenes from the middle to the end that involve the secondary characters, and at first, I wondered what these really had to do with the main story. Luckily, Jenny wrapped it all up in a lovely, neat package that is sure to please every lover of sweet romance. Grab a copy today!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All in the Mind.

June 24, 2013 – Started Reading
June 24, 2013 – Shelved
July 13, 2013 –
July 13, 2013 –
40.0% "Let's just say I want to write like Jenny Twist when I grow up. Loving it! :)"
July 14, 2013 –