Elizabeth "Liza"'s Reviews > Into the Still Blue

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

3190342

bookshelves: ya, romance, paranormal, arc, dystopian, ebook, favorites, series

Amazing? Wonderful? Marvelous? I wish I could find the right words to describe, not only how good this book is, but how good the series is. Into the Still Blue is the perfect ending for what has been a worthy addition to the YA dystopian genre.

Into the Still Blue starts right were Through the Ever Night ended and finds Perry planning a rescue mission for Cinder. The Dwellers and the Outsiders are having a really difficult time getting along and getting past their views and prejudices about each other. An unlikely group is pulled together and off they go. Everything that could go wrong probably does, and the Tides and the Outsiders that escape band together in an attempt to survive the worsening ether storms.

Aria and Perry are a perfect example of a couple that not only complements each other, but they make each other better. There is no love triangle, there’s no unreasonable jealously; just love, understanding and absolute trust in each other. I can really appreciate this. They keep growing as individual and leaders as well and don’t strangle each other.

The road to the Still Blue doesn’t come without sacrifices and many give their lives (some unwillingly and some not) for the good of the tribe. What happens next is a combination of war, scare tactics, strategy and stealth. Sable is one of the best villains that I ever encountered in literature. Like a typical dictator, he forces his will unto others, all the while pretending that it’s for their own good.

Roar remains one of my favorite characters; he still mourning, but by the end I saw a semblance of his old self and I’m happy for it. Brooke, Cinder, Hess, Sorren, characters old and new join our beloved couple. I have to say that the characterization is phenomenal. I felt so close to these characters. Aria and Sorren go through one of the best character growth that I’ve read about lately.

The plot can make you dizzy because it’s so full of twist and turns! Really, the unexpected seemed to always be happening and I just enjoyed the ride and went with the flow. The writing is fluid, easy to read and understand, even if we are reading about a dystopian world.

Veronica Rossi has become one of the best author in my list and I will read anything she writes for sure! Into the Still Blue is the perfect end to one of my favorite series. I hope you give it a try.

About the cover: Perfect. Just like everything else about this book :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Still Blue.

June 24, 2013 – Shelved