Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > Desperate Choices, A Protectors Novel

Desperate Choices, A Protectors Novel by Hildie McQueen

bookshelves: to-read, reviewed

Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION’s Bewitching Bella- Charity Costa

I was asked to read book 2 of this series for LITERAL ADDICTION, but after finding out that there were other books in the Protector Series I had to get them all and read them in order, I'm a little OCD like that :)

Unlike some, I started with this one (book 0.5) and not Book 1. I'm glad I did, because I felt that it set up the Protector world perfectly. From the very 1st paragraph I was happily sucked into this world.

Desperate Choices was a quick, very smooth read that left me wide eyed, mouth gaping and racing to my laptop to grab the next one to be sent to my kindle.

Rachel and Roderick are perfect together from the beginning, I love their instant chemistry. From a few reviews that I read from others who loved this novella I'll see Rachel and Roderick later ;) I had to make sure with an ending like that.

We are introduced to two other characters in this novella that I have a feeling we are going to see in the future (I haven't read any of the other books at this point yet so I'm just guessing here by the way Hildie sets up the world of the Protectors), one of them is Roderick's roommate Cyn, LOVE HIM, he made me giggle out loud a few times and brought the humor to this short novella. The other is Julian, I can imagine some won't like him because you know he is the boss and has to be the bad guy sometimes, but I really liked him.

I'm going to keep this review short and to the point because I have the next installment and I'm itching to read it :) All Around I am amazed that Hildie was able to entice me with so few pages into the world of the Protectors.

I give Desperate Choices 5 Skulls, never have I been so enticed by a series so easily and quickly and that's a feat in itself. Give this short novella a read, I doubt you won’t be finding yourself rushing to grab the next one just as I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desperate Choices, A Protectors Novel.

June 21, 2013 – Shelved