Haley's Reviews > Entangled

Entangled by Amy Rose Capetta

5082030

liked it
Read 2 times. Last read December 1, 2013 to December 3, 2013.

This book was different from what I expected. There were some parts of it I liked, and some that I didn’t. I liked the characters and the sci-fi stuff. I didn’t like how the writing style confused me by using too many metaphors and futuristic slang. Sometimes the writing flowed well and reminded me of Uglies by Scott Westerfeld or Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, but sometimes it felt like a mess and I could only skim. Overall, it was fast paced and entertaining and kind of fun.
I loved the characters, though. They had such unique characteristic, even if I had difficulty picturing them, their personalities were well written. Cade loves music and she’s kind of funny sometimes. She makes a good protagonist, but I wish there was some real romance between her and another character. This story majorly lacked romance. But there were other relationship built, like friendship and loyalties. I started to really like Rennik and his ship Renna. Even Lee was kind of awesome and horsed around. Xan may have been connected to Cade, but we don’t meet him till the very end. He wasn’t really a romantic interesting seeing as he spent pretty much his whole life in a coma.
I loved the science of it all. The chapter headers had a Quantum Physics vocab word under the chapter number, and also a definition. Quantum Physics is very interesting and there’s so many awesome sci-fi book out there that have thing like parallel universes, time travel and time manipulation, but this book explored something called Quantum Entanglement. It has to do with connections of particles. It’s confusing but it sound so cool. It makes me think of Fringe, and I can’t help imaging Walter Bishop explaining it all (instead of Einstein or other scientists).
I also loved that most of this book was set in space. I haven’t read a lot of space opera books other than the Across the Universe series and I’ve never been a big fan of Star Treck (but my mom is). I love astronomy, though, and I love anything with aliens. I loved than some of the characters were aliens/extra-terrestrials. Human in this book are thought of as the weakest species and mostly just as trash. They become mentally ill in space (they call it Spacesick). It’s like a form of schizophrenia or something. They disconnect from reality. We also get to visit different planets and a meet different species of aliens. Earth is dead, and Cade grew up on Andana, which is mostly desert. All I can say is that this book did space opera way better than Linked by Imogen Howson.
I recommend this book to fans of Across the Universe by Beth Revis, These Broken Stars, Linked (which was not as good), Riddick (the movies), Star Treck, Firefly (TV show), Star Gate, Star Wars, and pretty much anything set in outer-space. If you loved the TV show Fringe, or is you just love cool sci-fi or dystopian series like Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Check out this book. It’s got some great hard-core sci-fi wrapped in a fun story.
Cover Art Review: Really cool cover. The type is very dynamic, even if it’s distorted (especially the author’s name). I like the face and the stars and the city. The angles really draw the eye to the little guitar on the D.

~Haley G

My blog:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entangled.

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
June 20, 2013 – Shelved
June 20, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
December 1, 2013 – Started Reading
December 3, 2013 – Finished Reading
January 12, 2016 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)