Jennifer's Reviews > The Treachery of Beautiful Things

The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long

bookshelves: books-i-own, my-own-read-books, 2015-reads

Wow this book, it was so good. It's been a while since I have read a book with magic and fairy tale elements. This book was just so beautiful. I loved the writing style.

The characters were great too, I loved how the story built and we got to see the magical elements and the forest elements in this book. It's so good I can't believe it took me almost a month to read it!! I really liked Jack, and Jenny they were really good characters. I knew I would like Jack from the moment he was introduced, and the way Jenny explained his eyes, and how they were different colours I kinda liked him then and there. He was interesting to read about and I wasn't expecting any of the twists in this book that happened when it came to Jack, he was just so different. That's what I liked about him.

Jenny as a character was interesting too, she was someone who knew what she wanted and would fight for it and she was strong when it came to the events that happened in this book.

I don't want to say too much about the book because that would spoil it and I want people to read this book, and Entwined by Heather Dixon that book also had magic in it.

It's definitely a book I will read again and recommend to people. I would recommend it to you if you like fairytales and magic in books. This was a great read for those things. I haven't heard much about it, but I wish more people would read it.

Please just read it, so we can talk about it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Treachery of Beautiful Things.

June 20, 2013 – Shelved
February 18, 2015 –
page 133
February 23, 2015 –
page 133
34.64% "Hoping to finish this book by the end of the week!"
February 23, 2015 –
page 273
February 27, 2015 – Finished Reading
May 2, 2015 – Shelved as: my-own-read-books
September 21, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-reads

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Kaylee (new) - added it

Kaylee does the library have this? If not, I'm going to have to borrow it from you <3 <3

Jennifer Kaylee wrote: "does the library have this? If not, I'm going to have to borrow it from you <3 <3"
I don't think they have it, I checked it a while ago. haha yeah sure

message 3: by Kaylee (new) - added it

Kaylee ok sounds good haha