411Junkie's Reviews > Keep Me Ghosted

Keep Me Ghosted by Karen Cantwell

bookshelves: favorites
Read 3 times. Last read January 2016.

I'm not quite sure what exactly it is about this story, but I really, really, really enjoyed it. (You see that? Three reallys)

Firstly, I love the story. It's about this gal, Sophie, who has a ghostly friend, Marmaduke. She finds a job at this optometry practice and finds out her boss has a ghostly friend of his own. There's a bit of mystery involved and a support group of individuals who have 'ghostly friends.' Overall, it's a fun story. A bit of the paranormal, a bit of mystery, a bit of romance.

Secondly, I love Sophie. I love Marmaduke. I love their semi-complicated and yet very simple relationship. I think Sophi is a great character and Ms. Cantwell portrays her very well. Along with Marmaduke. Together, they're they best of friends and love reading about them.

The story flows nicely. It doesn't lag nor does it skip ahead.

While I wasn't aware that this would be a series when I picked this book read, I am so glad it is. I don't think I'll get enough of Sophie and Marmi and I'm so excited for book two!

I love paranormal stories and after reading a lot about vampires and werewolves it was nice to take a break and read about ghosts and mediums.

Cantwell did a wonderful job with this story and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, paranormal romance pick without all the lust that some romances have.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keep Me Ghosted.

June 20, 2013 – Shelved
June 20, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
October 26, 2013 – Started Reading
October 26, 2013 –
82.0% "Started this book this morning and 8'm almost done. I absolutely love it! After reading about witches and vampires and such, it's nice to read about ghosts. And I *love* Sophie & Marmi!"
October 26, 2013 –
100.0% "I really enjoyed this story."
October 26, 2013 – Finished Reading
August, 2014 – Started Reading
August, 2014 – Finished Reading
February 5, 2015 – Shelved as: favorites
January, 2016 – Started Reading
January, 2016 – Finished Reading
July 31, 2016 –
12.0% "Reading this one again, for the umpteenth time. I love Marmaduke."