Nic's Reviews > Cowboy Waltz

Cowboy Waltz by Cameron Dane

bookshelves: mm, cowboy, zz-amazon-yes

I needed a dose of cowboy and this book delivered in spades - two hot, but very different men, on the rodeo circuit. Oh, but the tension, too much and too drawn out! I enjoyed the story, I just wanted them to work things out and maybe talk and get things moving. But once they did - smoking!

Poor Booker, whom Jed calls "Colt", started working for Jed when he was nineteen, both of them looking after horses for their boss on the rodeo circuit. Booker knows he is gay and falls immediately in love/lust with Jed. Jed shows Booker the ropes and they build a strong friendship over the years but eventually living together in a small trailer becomes too much. Booker with his longing for Jed and Jed because he comes to have feelings for Booker that he didn't expect and can't deal with.

There is drama and tension and bad decisions and it took these guys a long time to work things out. But when they did, they did it properly with lots of emotion and romance.

The title is correct - this is a waltz - slowly, round-and-round - I liked it but think I would have loved it if it had been more of a jig!

I publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy Waltz.

June 19, 2013 – Shelved
June 19, 2013 – Shelved as: mm
June 19, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
July 7, 2013 – Shelved as: cowboy
December 3, 2013 – Shelved as: own-to-read-on-kindle
Started Reading
January 9, 2014 – Finished Reading
January 18, 2014 – Shelved as: zz-amazon-yes

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Kazza Nice review, Nicstar. I LOVE Cameron Dane, she is one of my absolute favourite writers. It broke my heart to give this 3 stars but it just fell over in a few places.

message 2: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Kazza wrote: "Nice review, Nicstar. I LOVE Cameron Dane, she is one of my absolute favourite writers. It broke my heart to give this 3 stars but it just fell over in a few places."

Thanks Kazza. I know a lot of people rave about her. I haven't really read much of hers yet (only 2) but have some on the Kindle and I'm not letting this one put me off. I'm expecting great things from the next one I read! :)

Kazza She has some great books to read. Have fun!