Kenna's Reviews > Edge of Midnight

Edge of Midnight by Shannon McKenna

Jul 22, 2009

liked it
Read in July, 2009

Wow. There was lots o sex in this book. Id venture to say roughly 1/3 of the book was sex. It’s a big book too. I read while I’m at work. That was awkward.

Sex aside, this was my first McKenna and aside from the similarities with our names, I didn’t connect with the story much. I guess I have a hard time believing the jump back into your first loves bed without much thought…without really having been there in the first place. The basis of the story was great had I not been jumping back and forth trying to keep the angst straight. There’s only so many smoldering looks and clothing ripping you can take before you wish for something a bit more nutritious from your books. I wish she had developed the story more. It left me strangely empty when I read the last page and I had many unanswered questions. I need more story, not just rough sex.

Id take it or leave it for recommendations. Looking for a good smut book, this is for you. Hubby like to read? Give it to him to read while you’re away on a business trip. Looking for a meat and potatoes story, you’ll have better luck just fixing dinner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edge of Midnight.