Dalene's Reviews > Nowhere to Hide

Nowhere to Hide by Joan Hall Hovey

18751941

bookshelves: reviewed-2013

First I would like to thank the author Joan Hall Hovey for giving me this book for review. Ellen and her younger sister Gail have survived alcoholic parents and Gail is on the verge of her singing career taking off. They are getting ready to spend Christmas together when on the eve of Gail's flight home she is brutally raped and murdered. Ellen has lost everyone, their parents, her husband who died young of a heart attack and now her sister. She is so distraught she goes on TV for an interview and challenges the killer to come after her. The psychopath takes up the gauntlet and leaves a note on her car telling her she is it. This book kept me hooked to find out what would happen next, I really enjoyed the suspense. The main characters were well written. Ellen is very strong, and also one tracked minded to the point of taking a chance with her life to get her sisters killer to come after her. Her best friend Myra has been through her own trauma in her childhood and wanted to help her friend, but Ellen wouldn't let her. There is also a little romance in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nowhere to Hide.

Started Reading