Zakirrah BookBlogger's Reviews > Darkhouse

Darkhouse by Karina Halle

Jun 18, 2013

3.5- 4 GHOST-HUNTING, INTRIGUING, FREAKY STARS!!

After reading a million status updates and all the reviews saying aww Dex this and Dex that and all love people have for this series I said to myself that I would definitely read this book and see what all the fuss was about. I was super excited to meet this Dex who has enchanted a whole lot of you.
And well what can I say..I LOVE DEX! Where can I buy one?!

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Were you staring at my ass?"
"Yes," he replied without hesitation.

I was a bit skeptical about starting this series the only books I have read on ghost hunting or something similar was a series about this hot ghost guy so yeh I was like hmmm what am I getting myself into?
The starting of this book for me was very slow and that's the reason I left it for a while and them came back to it way later and I made it my mission to finish!

I loved Dex and Perry they were both intriguing characters.
Perry is a relateable 22 year old girl she is a a receptionist which isn't exactly her dream job especially when she has a degree in advertising.All her life she has been looked at defferently, her visions and nightmares made her life a struggle.What was wrong with her?
And what happens when the nightmares, illusions start to creep into her reality? What happens when nothing really makes sense anymore?

"It sat there forgotten and lightless, a darkhouse overlooking the sea.."

Whilst visiting her Uncle she decides to go explore an abandoned lighthouse, ALONE! Its cold, wet and dark.As I was reading it I was like oh my god! Turn back woman turn back!!!It seemed totally creepy so yeah if that was me? No way in hell would I go exploring it at night..
But then again that's how she meets Dex! Soo okay I may reconsider if there was like a banner saying Dex is inside ;)

“Because sometimes I lie, Perry. We all lie, even you, but not everyone is brave enough to admit it.”

Dex is all over the place he is interesting and a little bit crazy!But but you still end up loving every bit of his weird character!

This is good book with a combination of horror, comedy and romance I will be reading book 2 soon I hope! Really do want to see what will happen between Dex and Perry.

“Somehow, by dealing with the dead, I had never felt so alive.”

Check out my blog for more reviews!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zakirr...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkhouse.

June 18, 2013 – Shelved
June 18, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
July 1, 2013 – Started Reading
July 1, 2013 –
0.0% "Starting this today, it better be good!! :-D"
July 1, 2013 –
0.0% ""
October 11, 2013 –
8.0% "this is slow atm please tell me.it gets better!!"
October 11, 2013 –
34.0% "hahha oh man I already love Dex!!"
October 12, 2013 –
100.0% "Aahhhh I am.bloody intrigued..I want to read next book now"
October 16, 2013 – Finished Reading

Patrycja I love this series! Enjoy.

Zakirrah BookBlogger Patrycja wrote: "I love this series! Enjoy."

Patrycja Zakirrah wrote: "Patrycja wrote: "I love this series! Enjoy."

Thank you! I don't know what happened I stopped a few pages in and I need to get back to it :("

You really should it gets better and better with every book. I've read all 7 books and few novellas in only a week, I was that hooked.

Patrycja You finally read it! I promise it's only gets better and better with next books.

Fathima Yaaaaay Z !!! You finally finished it ! * jumps up and down with excitement * :D

Zakirrah BookBlogger Patrycja wrote: "You finally read it! I promise it's only gets better and better with next books."

yeahhh its about time I finished it haha the beginning was rather dull in my opinion but yeah I can't wait for more, I hope it only gets better from here :D

Zakirrah BookBlogger Fathima wrote: "Yaaaaay Z !!! You finally finished it ! * jumps up and down with excitement * :D"

Yayy!! About time right? lol