Becky's Reviews > The Decoy Princess

The Decoy Princess by Dawn Cook

I'm really not sure what annoyed me more about this book. Well I had a list of things but everything seems so vague now. Evidently the biggest flaw is how boring it was.

No no I remember! It's the girl. The girl is the most annoying part. She's very idiotic. And yet also very turned on. By men.

If she mentioned how big Jeck's shoulders were one more time. Like I do not need to be reminded of that shit. I got it. Oh but here we go about how broad his scarred up back is...well oh gee golly get your skirts up girl and just launch yourself at him.

That would be better than pretending to be this great warrior princess with throwing darts and all this hidden agenda training.

She puts her darts in her bun guys, and let me tell you, she loves the idea of it. If the words "checking my top knot for my darts" were mentioned one more flipping time. I mean one more time. I would have burnt this sucker.

I could see myself liking this when I was 13, because of the cheese factor. But not now. I am older and wiser and see through that romantic crap. Give me a good story with an intelligent protagonist and a worthwhile plot. That is all I require. Oh and a love story, but a complex one :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Decoy Princess.

June 17, 2013 – Shelved
June 17, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
September 9, 2014 – Started Reading
September 9, 2014 –
page 250
70.22% "The cover really fits this book. The heroine is a bit boy crazy."
September 11, 2014 – Shelved as: 1st-person-pov
September 11, 2014 – Shelved as: she-tripped-in-ch-1
September 11, 2014 – Shelved as: silly-chit
September 11, 2014 – Shelved as: student-teacher-relationship
September 11, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Fayley (new) - added it

Fayley "Give me a good story with an intelligent protagonist and a worthwhile plot. That is all I require. Oh and a love story, but a complex one" - could not agree with you more. That's exactly what I want too!