BOOK BUTTERFLY's Reviews > Darklight

Darklight by Lesley Livingston

Jul 20, 2009

liked it
Read in December, 2009

It's been six months since young actress Kelley Winslow learned of her true heritage and fell in love with changeling guard member Sonny Flannery. Kelley dreams of the day when she will be reunited with Sonny. Her wish soon becomes reality, though not in the way she imagined. A violent encounter with a murderous leprechaun hurtles Kelley into the Otherworld, and back into Sonny's arms once more.

The magical, romantic saga that began in Wondrous Stage lives on with Darklight, the second installment in this enchanting series. Wondrous Strange captured my attention with the excitement of stage acting and the Celtic lore of the faerie world. It was a great book. But, Darklight? Well, Darklight took the series to another level for me. The plot became more complex, the characters more well defined and the twists more startling than I ever anticipated. I literally was on pins and needles this entire novel.

One thing that surprised me (and which I feel almost guilty over) was that instead of Sonny, I started wanting Kelley to be with Fennrys, one of the other Janus Guards. I liked the romantic tension sizzling in the air between them. Fennry’s was a great character to throw into the mix and spice things up with. A good love triangle will always capture my attention too!

The end of Darklight left me gasping in disbelief and wishing I could immediately jump into another book. It will be interesting to see how Sonny and Kelley’s relationship is resolved in the next installment!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darklight.

Holly I agree! I started secretly rooting for Fennrys, too!