Tee loves Kyle Jacobson's Reviews > Strong Enough

Strong Enough by Ellen Harger

bookshelves: 2013-must-read, 2013-new-book-release, june-2013

If you like music and like to read this is the book for you. Strong Enough incorporates music and reading the two things I love to do. This is a story about love, friendships, and finding one's true self and where you belong. Have you ever just had enough and said F%^& it! Have you ever just wanted something but never gone after it? Well that is what happened to Whitney our main character in Strong Enough. She has decided she needs to find herself. But where to start? She dresses different and she is DJ'ing at a small record station. But what Whitney really needs is to find herself. See without knowing who you are or what you want you can't move on and do the things you want. You have to find the strength to be who you want to be and Whitney does it. She has her journey and life's bumps on the way but she never gives up.

Whitney's choices in life lead her to the cross road of where she will choice friends, lovers, and what she will do with life. I really loved this story and I loved the fact that every chapter had a name of a song that described everything that was going on in that chapter. Remember when I said I love music and reading well I love love love it when an author uses songs as chapter headings because I get a sense of what is coming in the chapter and I get to see the feelings the main character is going through at that moment. It is like short glimpses into their lives and I don't know about you but I love it when I get the glimpse and it is something totally different from what I thought it was going to be.

This is a summer must read on the beach with your ipod so you can get the full effect of the book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strong Enough.

Started Reading