Jo's Reviews > The Footprints of God

The Footprints of God by Greg Iles

Jul 20, 2009

did not like it

Audiobook, downloaded from online Library.

Fantasy is not usually my genre. But the scifi/fantasy aspect of this book is not what I had trouble with per se. The problem for me was the pseudo theological premise of the book. My faith is Christian and I have very definite beliefs. But the development of the story in this aspect just didn't make sense to me. It is very difficult to even put into words my evaluation of this book and why I didn't like it. I will probably not read Greg Iles again. He is not a match for me as a reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Footprints of God.

Ashlee Then clearly you read it from a bias perspective. It is fictional, but why dismiss some of the notions?

message 2: by Jo (new) - rated it 1 star

Jo Ashlee wrote: "Then clearly you read it from a bias perspective. It is fictional, but why dismiss some of the notions?"

Alas, Ashlee, I cannot respond intelligently to your question because the details of this book are gone from my memory. It was not a compelling read to me, so my personal computer performed a 'dump' on the details. I will say that this book was not the first Greg Iles book I had read. My conclusion was based on the composite of my conclusions of his writing.
I do read from a biased perspective as we all do in some regard, but I don't expect all authors to write from mine. In this author's case, his plot development and characterizations just don't appeal to me. Other reviewers have stated the case better than I can. I think it just comes down to the writing, combined with the subject matter is not "my cup of tea".