"That's All" Ash's Reviews > Losing It

it was ok
bookshelves: ehh

photo O6rMJ.gif

I WANTED TO LIKE IT!

Do I get points for that? ;)

Here’s the thing.

It was waaaahaaaay to predictable. Holy Moses, man!

And I get that the cute and sweet books, for the most part, ARE predictable. But uhh… I knew what was goin’ to go down from the get go! I mean, it’s about a twenty-two year old virgin who really wants to lose her V-Card, so what does she do?

She just goes to a bar with her friend to find some random guy to lose it with.

photo snl-sex-1.gif

Nice.

photo r8b511.gif

Lo and behold, the random guy she DOES find turns out to be not just random guy… but wait for it... her new professor!

photo tumblrinlinemjxt1gwcwo1.gif

Shocking, I know.

photo tumblr_lrfnozKjyN1qb967wo1_500.gif

And then cue the very PG-rated sexual angst, the back and forth bullshit, the constant changing their minds, blah blah blah.

photo 2dwbvro.gif

Next time it’s bring-your-child-to-work day, Miss Carmack…

Try not to let said child write your entire novel, hmmm?

photo Officenote.gif

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing It.

June 15, 2013 – Started Reading
June 15, 2013 – Shelved
June 15, 2013 –
25.0% " the office gifs photo: michael nooooo gifmichealnooooo.gif"
June 16, 2013 – Shelved as: ehh
June 16, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)

Lise *friends don't flag* Totally feel you on this one, Ash... good review! :-)

☆ Sammy ☆彡 Great review as usual, Ash! Sorry this one was so predictable for you. Your gifs were absolutely hilarious though :)

"That's All" Ash Lise *friends don't flag* wrote: "Totally feel you on this one, Ash... good review! :-)"

Thanks, Lise! I just expected more from it! :/

"That's All" Ash ☆Sammy☆ALPHAholic☆彡 wrote: "Great review as usual, Ash! Sorry this one was so predictable for you. Your gifs were absolutely hilarious though :)"

Lol... Thanks, Sammy! Onto the next one! ;)

Taryn LOL Love the gifs!! But wait! You forgot to mention how she yells out about cats during sex! lol

"That's All" Ash Taryn at My Secret Romance wrote: "LOL Love the gifs!! But wait! You forgot to mention how she yells out about cats during sex! lol"

LMAO! Oh, that's right!!! Ahahahahahaha! What the heck WAS that about?! SERIOUSLY!!!

Taryn Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Taryn at My Secret Romance wrote: "LOL Love the gifs!! But wait! You forgot to mention how she yells out about cats during sex! lol"

LMAO! Oh, that's right!!! Ahahahahahaha! What the heck WAS tha..."

I have no idea! I thought it was so strange, not cute and arousing like the majority of people did.

message 8: by Thalia (new)

Thalia Hahaha :D Ash ,believe me I feel sorry for you about reading a book you obviously didn't enjoy ...I really do!But I have to say...If every review about a book you don't like is as much fun as this... I wish you will never read a book you love again :P ;) I love your passionate reactions girl! hahaha :D

message 9: by Debra (new) - added it

Debra Sorry this one didn't work out for you Ash...love the review though! ;-D

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie You're killing me here Ash!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!! I really like your reviews ;), I'm not even sorry!

"That's All" Ash Taryn at My Secret Romance wrote: "Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Taryn at My Secret Romance wrote: "LOL Love the gifs!! But wait! You forgot to mention how she yells out about cats during sex! lol"

LMAO! Oh, that's right!!! Ahahahah..."

Yeah... there was nothing arousing about this book! It was just horribly written! Bleh! Lol... and that "cats" thing was just stupid! I mean... give us twenty-something girls some credit! I don't care what situation we're in; we'd always come up with something better than saying we suddenly have to go pick up our kitty! ;)

"That's All" Ash Thalia wrote: "Hahaha :D Ash ,believe me I feel sorry for you about reading a book you obviously didn't enjoy ...I really do!But I have to say...If every review about a book you don't like is as much fun as this..."

LMAO! Thanks, Thalia!

I think? Lol!

"That's All" Ash Debra wrote: "Sorry this one didn't work out for you Ash...love the review though! ;-D"

Thanks, Debra! Lol... you know how I get. ;)

"That's All" Ash Christine The Romance Junkie wrote: "You're killing me here Ash!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!! I really like your reviews ;), I'm not even sorry!"

THANKS, Christine!!! I may not like some books, but I always have fun writing their reviews! :)

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ My sweet Ash, lovely review even when it doesn't float your boat!!

"That's All" Ash THANKS, Deanna! ♥ :D

message 17: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen Great review Ash. I agree it just didn't work for me either.

message 18: by ♥ Barb ♥ (new)

♥  Barb ♥ Haha love your review Ash!!!
Sorry this wasn't for you, but hope your next book is better :)))

message 19: by Pam (new)

Pam LMAO! Love the honesty :))

message 20: by Gabrielle (new) - added it

Gabrielle Love the review! :)

Denise I felt the same way. I wanted to like it but it just didn't work for me. Great review!

"That's All" Ash Jen wrote: "Great review Ash. I agree it just didn't work for me either."

Thanks, Jen! No worries... we'll find ourselves an AMAZING book! ;)

"That's All" Ash Barb wrote: "Haha love your review Ash!!!
Sorry this wasn't for you, but hope your next book is better :)))"

THANK YOU, Barb! I hope for that too! Lol!

"That's All" Ash Pam wrote: "LMAO! Love the honesty :))"

THANKS, Pam!! :))

"That's All" Ash Gabrielle wrote: "Love the review! :)"

THANK you, Gabrielle! :)

"That's All" Ash Denise wrote: "I felt the same way. I wanted to like it but it just didn't work for me. Great review!"

THANKS, Denise! Ugh! Yeah... it just wasn't one of the great ones!

message 27: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Awww, I'm totally bummed out, I was hoping this one would rock. Loved the review though!

message 28: by Renee (new) - added it

Renee This review just made me have a girl crush on you. :-)

Alexis *Reality Bites* LMAO!! This one did not work for me either.... I didn't even post a review for it.

"That's All" Ash Elizabeth wrote: "Awww, I'm totally bummed out, I was hoping this one would rock. Loved the review though!"

THANK you, Elizabeth! You kind of rock. ;)

"That's All" Ash Renee wrote: "This review just made me have a girl crush on you. :-)"

THANKS, Renee! LMAO! You're crushin' on my review, eh? That's cool, it would probably love it if you sent it some chocolates on Valentine's Day! Just sayin'! ;)

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ HAHAHA! Great review, Ash! You summed up how I felt about it perfectly LOL
I couldn't even bring myself to review it, since I got so bored reading it, I skimmed through most of it, and at the end I couldn't even remember wtf I read(oops?)

"That's All" Ash Melissa *Pervy Nerd* wrote: "LMAO

I'm sorry, I know you loved this book! :/

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sorry Ash! He he I love your review though!

"That's All" Ash Miss Construed's wrote: "That's pretty much verbatim what I thought, unfortunately."

Me, too, Miss Construed! It was just horrid on top of horrible. :/

"That's All" Ash Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "LMAO!! This one did not work for me either.... I didn't even post a review for it."

Thanks, Alexis! Gah! Wasn't this book just completely vapid and asinine?! Shit. Lol!

"That's All" Ash Lkay ❇✾The one-click buy button addict❇✾ wrote: "HAHAHA! Great review, Ash! You summed up how I felt about it perfectly LOL

THANKS, Lkay! And after about 50%... I totally began to skim, too! Lol! NEVER a good sign!

"That's All" Ash SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sorry Ash! He he I love your review though!"

Thanks, SueBee! I do hope YOU enjoy it, though! :)

"That's All" Ash Miss Construed's wrote: "Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Miss Construed's wrote: "That's pretty much verbatim what I thought, unfortunately."

Me, too, Miss Construed! It was just horrid on top of horrible. :/ "

I really wan..."

Yeeeeup! My thoughts, exactly! I mean, I enjoy a cute, sweet story just like the next girl... but uhh, I like them to be done well. :)

"That's All" Ash Melissa *Pervy Nerd* wrote: "Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Melissa *Pervy Nerd* wrote: "LMAO

FUCKING THANK YOU, Perv!!

I'm sorry, I know you loved this book! :/ "

Yea, I loved a lot of books bef..."

LMAO!! Fuck, I know what you mean! I used to rate a lot of books 5 stars too... because I was afraid of hurting the author's feelers! LMFAO! And then I don't know what the hell happened. Lol!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Thanks Ash! I read chapter 1 or so, way back.. I passed on it = /

"That's All" Ash Melissa *Pervy Nerd* wrote: "Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Melissa *Pervy Nerd* wrote: "Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Melissa *Pervy Nerd* wrote: "LMAO

I'm sorry, I know yo..."

LOL! That's why I like Goodreads... we're all a bunch of misfits! :D

"That's All" Ash SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Thanks Ash! I read chapter 1 or so, way back.. I passed on it = /"

LOL! I soooo don't blame you, SueBee!

"That's All" Ash Melissa *Pervy Nerd* wrote: "Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Melissa *Pervy Nerd* wrote: "Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Melissa *Pervy Nerd* wrote: "Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Melissa *Pervy Nerd* wrote: "LMAO

Fucking love you rev..."

Lol... you're Pervy... I'm Snobby... we're like the fuggin' Goodreads dwarfs!!! :D

"That's All" Ash LMAO! Except instead of Snow White... we could all just work for a hot ass guy with BDSM issues! :)

"That's All" Ash LOVE that idea!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) yeah, I've avoided this for a while because I don't think it's going to work for me.

message 49: by Jen (new)

Jen A big, fat THANK YOU to this review! I read the sample, was incredibly "meh" but everyone keeps raving about it. I'm taking this as a sign I'm not bat shit crazy!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ I am really sorry that you didn't like it, but your review is still AWESOME! :)

« previous 1 3