Natasha's Reviews > Vittorio, The Vampire

Vittorio, The Vampire by Anne Rice

Jul 20, 2009

Read from January 29 to February 01, 2012

Vittorio: The Vampire is the second novel in the New Tales of the Vampires series by the legendary Anne Rice. Honestly, I first read this novel a few years ago, but I fell in love with this story so much that I had to read it again. I've read some love and some hate reviews on this novel and honestly, I don't see why their would be any hate. Sure, everyone's opinions are welcome, but I personally think this novel turned me into a vampire lover. Yes, I know many will say, "Not her Vampire Chronicles novels?? Come on!" Well, I admit, her Vampire Chronicles are fantastic and they truly are the heart of vampires. Although, I read Interview with the Vampire/Queen of the Damned much to young to appreciate it's greatness. Yes, I loved them, but what made me beg for more vampires and horror was Vittorio. I got this novel on a whim from my friend and boy am I glad he lent me this novel. Who knows how long it would have taken me to get into the amazing novels I so in love with now.

Anyway, onto my thoughts on this novel. I truly believe there are many novels you can fall in love with. The characters, storyline and especially, the world that is created. I have so many novels I love for so many reasons, but honestly, I remember everything about this novel. The spot I read it, which was my bed and on the couch. (Take it in mind this was over 5 years ago) I remember being entranced in the world Anne Rice has created. Vittorio's pain was my pain, his joy was my joy and his interest was my own.

Anne, as always describes this world in detail. I feel as if I'm right there next to Vittorio. Battling with him, crying with him and feeling the seduction he feels. It's truly a beautifully written novel.

This is one of those novels I know I'll read for a third, or many even a fourth time, just to get involved in this world again. I really am disappointed there wasn't more novels in this series, but since I haven't read the first, I think I'll go back to finally read it. Why haven't I read it if I loev this one so much, you might ask? honestly, I loved this one so much, I don't want to be disappointed. I don't believe it will be a bad book, none of her vampire novels I've read are even close to being disappointing. I just love Vittorio so much, he's always going to be "my first". Everyone has their first. Who's yours???

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vittorio, The Vampire.

01/29 "Re-Read! Audio Book!!!"
02/08 marked as: read