Whitney's Reviews > The Chocolate Touch

The Chocolate Touch by Laura Florand

Jun 15, 2013

First featured at Whitnage.Blogspot.com

The Chocolate Touch is the third in Florand's Amour et Chocolat series and while it is fine as a standalone I did wish I had read the previous two books before this one. This story features Jaime Corey, the younger sister of The Chocolate Thief's Cade Corey and Paris' #1 bad boy chocolatier, Dominique Richard. Following a traumatic experience, the do-gooder Jaime finds herself in Richard's chocolate salon struggling to recover her strength. What better way to recover than with hot chocolate and an even hotter chocolatier?

The Chocolate Touch was a good read. The only thing that bogged the story down was the angsty internal dialogue Dom had going that seemed a bit unnecessary after awhile. But overall I really enjoyed the story because the characters were engaging and who doesn't like a nice love story? Aside from all of the chocolatey goodness and romance, my favorite parts of the book were the family elements featuring the Corey family and the Paris setting. You can really tell that the author did her research and her love of Paris shows, as well as enhances, the story. I'm looking forward to the Chocolate Heart (out Dec 2013, I think) and in the meantime I'll be going back and reading the first two books!

4/5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chocolate Touch.

June 15, 2013 – Started Reading