Lizzy's Reviews > Intuition

Intuition by C.J. Omololu

Best Bits: I was a little nervous when I read the synopsis of this one. I really enjoyed the first book, but the blurb above made the book seem like it focused solely on a love triangle. It seemed that way for the first portion of the book, but the story was about more than Griffon, Cole, and Drew. It was a great look into the way that love changes and grows. Of course, it's up to you to decide if you believe in past lives, but the book brings up an interesting question. If you could remember past lives, would you spend time hoping to reconnect with previous romantic partners, or would you try to experience new people and things?
There's also a pretty amazing twist thrown in, just in case you were wondering whether this one was as suspenseful as the first book. It was completely unexpected, and I really can't explain it because it would give everything away. I will say, that it has really opened up the possibilities for the future of the series, and it makes Cole and Griffon's roles that much more important in the grand scheme of things.
When I interviewed Omololu during the release of the first book, Transcendence, she said that she considering this series to be contemporary fiction (whereas I had labelled it fantasy/supernatural). I have to say, that she has the ability to weave together various genres that makes it hard to really put a stamp on it. I'll have to investigate where my local bookstore has it placed.

Nit Picks: I do think that the love triangle wasn't completely necessary to the story. It was done well, but I feel like we get love triangles in most (99.9%) of YA novels these days. I understand the role that it played in the book, and the development of Griffon and Cole as a couple, but it just felt like the other plot developments could have kept my attention without that added relationship drama.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intuition.

Started Reading