Mary Aris's Reviews > Starlight

Starlight by Debbie Macomber

Jun 14, 2013

bookshelves: borrowed-books

Karen McAlister meets a man at a Christmas fete hosted by her godfather, Evan. She falls head-over-heels for Rand Prescott, a professor at the University. Enchanted by the champagne, Christmas lights and stars, Karen fell in love with this man.

Before meeting Prescott, Karen thought her life was complete; she didn't need a man to complete her....much to the dismay of her Scottish father, Matthew who was dead set on Karen meeting the right fellow, marrying and producing a grand-daughter.

Rand Prescott vowed never to fall in love. Being partially blind at a young age, he never really got over the death of his father. He blamed himself for his father's death. Rand vowed to erect barriers from any woman from stealing his heart........until he met Karen McAlister who brick by brick managed to destroy the very barrier that Rand erected long ago.

Starlight was one of Debbie's first novels, published over thirty years ago. I really loved this book. It was a page turner from day one. I literally cried in the middle of the book; It so overwhelmed me. I've never ever felt moved to tears by a book but this one truly moved me. Debbie Macomber has a way with writing romance novels that really takes you home!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starlight.

June 14, 2013 – Started Reading