Wanderlust's Reviews > The Elite

The Elite by Kiera Cass

Jun 13, 2013

Cover & title - 4 out of 5
Favorite quote - "It's the most wonderful and terrible thing that can ever happen to you," she said simply. "You know that you've found something amazing, and you want to hold on to it forever; and every second after you have it, you fear the moment you might lose it."
I sighed softly. She was absolutely right. Love was beautiful fear.”
Favorite character - Aspen

I wonder if it is wrong to admit though i did really enjoy the book I really did not like America? I did not like Maxon either actually now i think about it.
Considering i just admitted to not liking the main characters it is surprising that i rated it 4 stars but that is just how good it was!

“It wasn’t like I made his world better. It was like I was his world. It wasn’t some explosion; it wasn’t fireworks. It was a fire, burning slowly from the inside out.”

I have not read the first book but i really wish i had now, i think that would of connected to the leads better and maybe help me understand more about the world that the book is based in.
The entire book i felt like i was on a see-saw. Aspen - Maxon, then back again. This sort of behavior normally would put me off a book completely, maybe even cause me to stop reading it but I could not put this book down!
It did not feel like a YA book, or childish, it was just right.
I would recommend it to everyone, but make sure to read the first book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Elite.

June 13, 2013 – Started Reading
June 13, 2013 – Shelved
June 13, 2013 –
32.0% "[image error]"
June 14, 2013 – Finished Reading

Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess I didn't like America at all - you definitely enjoyed this book more than me!

It's not that it was a bad story, it was just that it was part of a story for me. I'm used to series like Harry Potter, Black Magician Trilogy, Parasol Protectorate, House of Night etc that have a summary of the previous book(s) so it threw me a bit that this jumped in right where the last one left off.

message 2: by Carisa (new)

Carisa Very good review!