Leslie Tally's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Jun 13, 2013

The only reader reviews/responses I have encountered toward this book have been raving with support and favor. My own review will join the club. To say that I know anything about the personal thoughts and experiences of a cancer patient would be a lie. Therefore, this story, written from the perspective Hazel, a teenager who suffers from lung cancer, revealed to me a world of thoughts and insights that seemed altogether foreign. At the same time, I was irresistibly drawn into that story, and I was captivated by the struggles, the pain, the raw emotion on every page. This isn't a feel-good book with a happy ending; it's a raw, emotional tale of struggle with a final resolution.

And it's worth every minute of reading.

I was surprised by the dynamics of the characters throughout this story. Green left no character undeveloped, and for that reason, each detail of the plot carries weight. Each name has a story within the complex narrative. This is, without a doubt, a 5-star read -not because it leaves you with a "happy feeling" when you are finished reading, but because you will, without a doubt, close the cover on the last page and utter a breathless, "Wow."

June 13, 2013 – Shelved