Nicole Macdonald's Reviews > Wilde Nights in Paradise

Wilde Nights in Paradise by Tonya Burrows

Recommended for: anyone
Read 2 times. Last read June 11, 2013.

I bought this book yesterday and stayed up until about 3AM to finish it.....I literally could NOT put it down!! WILDE NIGHTS IN PARADISE is the 2nd novel by new author, Tonya Burrows. It tells the story of Jude Wilde, the perpetual screw-up youngest sibling, who is haunted by a past tragedy, in a family of 5 brothers and Libby Pruitt, a successful DA who he loved and walked away from 8 years ago.

When Libby’s life is threatened by a stalker, her overbearing Marine father hires Wilde Security, a company run by Jude and his brothers to protect his daughter and find out who the stalker is. Their relationship is turbulent and old wounds run deep as Jude moves Libby to a safe house until her stalker is caught. Their love-hate relationship runs through a gambit even as their passion is renewed.

Tonya Burrows does an amazing job of showing all sides to this conflicted yet gun shy couple. Jude is a wounded soul who, like Peter Pan, never quiet grew up and Libby is a woman still fighting to heal a heart broken many years before. Burrows shows her readers all sides of Jude and Libby…their sorrow, their passion and their humor……and WILDE NIGHTS IN PARADISE is a perfect blend of all three.

It’s not often that a book brings me to actual tears, but as Jude fights his demons and Libby looks deep inside herself to find the woman she wants to be, I found myself wiping away tears as I read WILDE NIGHTS IN PARADISE. I thoroughly enjoyed Burrows’ first novel SEAL OF HONOR and am looking forward to reading about the rest of the HORNET Team, but WILDE NIGHTS IN PARADISE totally blew me away. I can’t wait for the rest of the Wilde Security series and the chance to get to know the rest of the Wilde boys!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wilde Nights in Paradise.

Finished Reading (Other ebook Edition)
June 11, 2013 – Started Reading
June 11, 2013 – Finished Reading
June 12, 2013 – Shelved
September 12, 2014 – Shelved (Other ebook Edition)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Tonya Burrows I've been on cloud nine since reading your review. Thanks so much!

message 2: by Tara (new) - added it

Tara Nicole, great review, moving this up in my TBR pile for sure.