Myrto 's Reviews > Gate Deadlock

Gate Deadlock by Urania Sarri

bookshelves: awww, favorites, i-don-t-know, i-need-the-sequel, insta-love-much

Well. This is a hard book to review, because I don't know where to start...

First of all, while I would normally describe the plot, this time I will just tell you to read the book, because if I reveal anything it will be a major spoiler. I'm just gonna say that it involves time travel.

Come on, seriously, just with the mention of time travel,

My god, the writer's voice... It was magnificent! There were lots of times I look up some words. Sure, it wasn't full of them making me want to kill myself (I hate having to look up a word every second sentence), but they were just enough. So, brownie points for that.

Also, the narrative was really nice, the plot -which in my opinion is a breath of fresh air in the genre- was interesting, and very nicely executed. Of course, I loved the setting -I mean, it's Greece: what's not to like? Plus, I had this special feeling of bad-ass-ness (is that even a word?) whenever I read about Korinthos and Monemvasia and I was like "Hey, I know that place!".

*clears throat* Um, yeah, moving on now.

About the characters, I really liked Emma: she came of as a powerful, effective and smart young woman who has been through a lot of pain. What I didn't like though, was the fact that once she met Christopher The Time Traveler she was instantly depended onto him. I mean, come on! Where is your past self? You know, all bad-ass and stuff?

Christopher... I loved Christopher. He was sweet and all that but in the end I just wanted to slap him! And then I loved him again. It's weird, really.

I also loved the secondary characters. They weren't overshadowed by Christopher and Emma, they rather added to the story.

My only issue with the story was that (view spoiler). Just sayin'.

All in all, I reeeeally liked "Gate Deadlock" and I'm definitely picking up "Beguiled" next! I had some minor issues, hence the 4 star rating, but I strongly recommend it!

**A hug and a shout-out to my awesome friend, Lydia for our amazing BR!**

***Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gate Deadlock.

June 12, 2013 – Shelved
November 5, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
November 5, 2013 – Shelved as: i-don-t-know
November 5, 2013 – Shelved as: i-need-the-sequel
November 5, 2013 – Shelved as: insta-love-much

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Myrto!

Myrto Thanks, Baba! xx

message 3: by Urania (new) - added it

Urania Sarri Thanks for revewing my book Myrto! You can't even imagine how happy it makes me to know that you liked my story.

Myrto Urania wrote: "Thanks for revewing my book Myrto! You can't even imagine how happy it makes me to know that you liked my story."

Aw, thanks Urania! You really did a great job!:) Starting Beguiled today!:))

message 5: by • Lisa • (new)

• Lisa • FANTASTIC review friend!!! x

Lydia hey hon it's fun being Bd readers together!!!!!:)) Excellent review!!!

Myrto Lisa Jayne wrote: "FANTASTIC review friend!!! x"

Thanks lovely! xx

Myrto Vilda wrote: "Great review, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D"

Thanks so much Vilda! <3

Myrto Lydia wrote: "hey hon it's fun being Bd readers together!!!!!:)) Excellent review!!!"

Aww thanks my awesome fellow reader! :)IKR? The experience is out of this world, really! My god, the texts....:)

Myrto Soraya Naomi wrote: "Great review, hun"

Thanks love! xx