Ally's Reviews > Vigilante Nights

Vigilante Nights by Erin Richards

Jun 11, 2013

bookshelves: first-reads

I won a copy from Goodreads First Reads. Thanks for the giveaway, Erin Richards!

I'll try not to reveal anything big.

Okay, first of all, mental bond? Lucas and Silver are Fraternal Twins. If there were Identical Twins, the story would make much more since, because identical twins share the same DNA and are practically the same. It sounds kind of illogical, but I'll let it go. I'll say its a brother-sister bond/shared-the-same-space(aka uterus)-before-birth bond.

Anyway, let's get to the book. Vigilante Nights is brilliant for a Young Adult book. It faces the pressure and craziness of teenages in horrible areas. It's a mystery book with twist and turns at every path, fake or real. Vigilante Nights had me guessing who was the real person who cause the death of Luca's sister, Silver. For all those romance book lovers out there, Vigilante Nights is a romance, too. And it is a story of revenge. (Now we are going all Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke)

The plot of Vigilante Nights was fascinating. As I said before twist and turns run Vigilante Nights. Just as you thought the book was over, a major event happens. It was surprising while being dangerous for many of my favorite characters.

Supernatural is a natural part of Vigilante Nights. Silver, like in "The Ghost and The Goth" by Stacey Kade, is following Lucas Alexander. Not exactly like Alona though.

The ending was amazing. It was beautiful, although I won't tell you why. Let just say it involves with peace.

The changes in relationship between characters were amazing. An accident can change so much. An accident can change so little. The influence affects everyone. It's like a wave.

Characters:

Lucas Alexander: The twin brother of Silver Alexander. An ex-quarterback. Intelligent. Sherlock Holmes. Ruined by a car accident. The same car accident which took the life of his beloved sister. Like a good brother, he is protective of Silver. He has this anger inside of him. With the support and love from Tara, he semi-heals, but the ghost of Silver still haunts him. Lucas goes through this character change. From a bad boy, in the beginning, to the protector of the weak, in the end. It was a spectacular change to see.

Silver Alexander: The twin sister of Lucas Alexander. An interesting character, in my opinion.

Rating: Four out of Five

-Alice of Wonderland
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vigilante Nights.