Kara's Reviews > Sarah's Key

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

3591922

liked it

Overall, it was ok, but I doubt I'll recommend it to anyone. I was intrigued by the story, and drawn in by Sarah and her story but couldn't stand Julia or her story at all. The writing was inconsistent, and I found myself wishing it would be over already. I also wished the story had been a historical fiction without the modern day stuff. Julia annoyed me and seemed almost as arrogant (or at the very least super self involved) as her husband.

I'm glad I learned about this French part of the history of this terrible war, and that the book brought it to light - most stories are set in Poland or Germany, and a few in England, so it was interesting to read about something I’d never heard of before. The scope of the horror of that time is ever larger than I imagined. If I hadn't read The Book Thief prior to this, I may have enjoyed it more (though the focus of the stories is different), but as it is, I feel pretty generous giving it 3 stars, which are really 2.5 in my mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sarah's Key.

June 9, 2013 – Shelved
May 14, 2015 – Started Reading
May 14, 2015 –
page 30
10.24% "I can already tell, only 30 pages in, that I will have a love/hate relationship with this book. Trepidatiously looking forward to it."
May 16, 2015 –